This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helped a hot girl at her work today.

I sometimes go to this really good teriyaki place by my house near a Fred Meyers. There is a new girl there that I haven't seen before, though I haven't been in there for awhile so who knows how new she really is, and from her attitude she's totally been there for a decent time.

I first saw her a couple weeks ago, and we even chitchated abit, and had somewhat same goals for schooling. I told her about this site, though I don't know if she's been here or not.

Today I came in after school and got a meal, including a free drink on her. she seemed really frazzled and pissed off. Alot was breaking down today, and she was sick of being the one to always fix it. Currently both her phone and credit card machine was down, and no-one she called could help get it fixed, including the phone company. I noticed that the credit card machine was the same at my old job, which meant it was one phone line. Fix the phone, you'll fix the credit card too. Had her unplug it and basically do a real soft reset to it, much like I've done a thousand times before, and yay it worked. She was happy and thanked me.

She's got a great smile. Now I just have to figure out a way to ask her out.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Have a plan.

That's how you ask her out.

Don't say "you wanna go out sometime?"

Say "Hey, I'm going to such and such show (or whatever) on (this date). Come with me, I guarantee a fun time."

Comment

Oh I know that, cept I don't have a car, and she's like, definitely a successful type girl. I don't want to waste her time, but at same time, I kinda like her.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Well, the best thing I can say for that is let HER decide if you're wasting her time or not. Don't decide beforehand for her. That will be self defeating.

A guy I know who married a woman he was crazy about prefaced his wooing of her with "Okay, I'm gonna be honest here. I bring absolutely nothing to the table."

She thought, correctly, that he is hilarious. THAT'S what brought to the table.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          Well, the best thing I can say for that is let HER decide if you're wasting her time or not. Don't decide beforehand for her. That will be self defeating.
          This. I made this mistake. I nearly missed on out on a lifetime with the man of my dreams because I had it in my head he deserved better. Ask her and see what happens!
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Score! That's great! You definitely have an in-- she is talking to you, and you'll never actually know unless you ask her. Worse comes to worse, and it's a fancy-fancy date, you could always hire a cab, a buddy with a car to chauffeur you all fancy-like, or just borrow your mom's car. Or hire a limo, but that's way over the top for a first date and would scare even me off. That can be for later. Like on V-day.
            Like RecoveringKinkoid has said-- take a bit of a risk. It's not like you're going skydiving. The worst she can do is go, "Ick. No way." And she doesn't sound like that. (well, she could physically assault you, but honestly, who does that? She sounds too nice/likes you at least a little bit. Maybe not bf-like, but definitely likes). You bring something to the table, it's been demonstrated right in front of her-- you are, at least, handy. And, it's not lust or romantic attraction that's the best indicator of marital/relationship happiness, it's mental compatibility. Which, you two seem to have. You also seem to have similar goals in life-- which is another big thing!
            Best of luck, Plaidman-- here's hoping she's not a dud. (like, latch-on Hellbitch dud)
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Now I just have to figure out a way to ask her out.
              Try asking her out. But as Kink said, be specific.

"When you're done with work, would you like to get some coffee?"

"I'm checking out New Restaurant Thursday night. Would you like to join me?"

"What do you think of miniature golf? You love it? How about we go 18 holes on Sunday?"
              -OR-
              "What do you think of miniature golf? You hate it? How about we go watch people make asses of themselves at the course on Sunday?"
              -OR-
              "What do you think of miniature golf? You think it's silly? Would you like to engage in some silly putt putt with me on Sunday?"

Of course, you don't have to limit the above to miniature golf. Just showing you that any answer is a potential in.

And Plaid, one thing is key: don't stress about it. Either she says yes or she says no. Either way, your life goes on. If she says yes, great. Something new and exciting. If she says no, great. She missed out on something awesome, you can move on to the next chickadee, and you've proven to yourself that you can do something like this.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Oh I know that, cept I don't have a car, and she's like, definitely a successful type girl. I don't want to waste her time, but at same time, I kinda like her.
              I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Pull your head out of your ass, Plaid. If she agrees to go out with you, the only way you'd be wasting her time is if you were a jerk on the date. As for her being a "successful type girl," I am not sure what you mean by that. She works in the food service industry, she is not a criminal defense attorney or a airline pilot, dude.

Stop making excuses and take the plunge. Hell, if I was still listening to that voice of doubt in the back of my head, I would have missed out on so much fun so many different times.

You can do it! (Now DO it!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Do they still do Sunday Market down there? That was always a fun time when I went and with parking at a premium, public transportation is the way to go to get there.

Comment

After she says yes, we want date details.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    "going for coffee" is a great low-stress way to have a preliminary 'date'. A sort of compatibility check, if that makes sense.

There's no time limit, so you might still be there laughing at each other's jokes when the place closes up around you.
                    Or if you're not compatible, there's also no time limit - it's easy for either party to leave. You're not 'stuck' waiting till the movie is over.

It can be done just about anywhere - you said you met her at her work, and it's retail, so there's presumably a coffee shop nearby. "I'd like to take you out for coffee sometime - which place is your favourite?"

It (can be) inexpensive, as these things go.

And it doesn't need a car. :P

As for what you bring to the table: you bring yourself. Those of us who've known you for the last few years know you've been trying to be the best you that you can be. That's no small thing!

As you know, I'm disabled too. Days (or weeks or months) when I need more tending than usual, I ask my husband why he stays with me. I can't imagine being worth it.

It's the me that he sticks around for. Not pretty blonde hair or good eyes. He could get those from other women, who don't have my health issues. He wants the woman inside this body.

So you take the man inside your body, continue working on being the best YOU that you can be, and go ahead and ask her out for coffee.

Maybe you don't end up romancing; but you get a good friend out of it. That's great too.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

So you take the man inside your body...
                      Ah, Seshat, I'm pretty sure Plaid is a man talking about a girl. But I can sort-of see where you might have become confused.

Comment

Actually they do still have Saturday Market here and it just opened up for the season.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

alright, Brother-mine (you sound just like him right now)

1 - do as Kink and Jester have said - just effing ask "would you like to go to place x with me?"
                          2 - I actually do support putt-putt as a 1st date activity - you can't put on airs when being that silly, its freaking PUTT-PUTT; lots of laughter, lots of room for talking, and you can check out her butt when she's T-ing up... sounds like a whole lot of WIN to me...; also there's no real pressure or expectations; just like going to the carnival/fair - how serious can you be when you're trying to win stuffed animals for her, and she's kicking your butt at the water-gun race game?

coffee can be a great start, or it can feel stuffy, but no matter what you do, offer to make it your treat, as you're the one doing the inviting - if she insists, let her, but tell her you got next time - this is also a great way to get a 2nd date

good luck! she sounds pretty awesome so you shouldn't have too much need for 'luck'!!
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                            I actually do support putt-putt as a 1st date activity...
                            I don't know if I've ever told you this, Plaid, but I have done putt putt for a first date on numerous occasions, and even when the relationship didn't work out--hell, even when the DATE didn't work out all that well--it was always a fun time. I don't know if you have one of these near you, but it is high on my list as first date activity. (Movie is way down on that list, as I've explained many times in here.)

Quoth Treasure View Post
                            no matter what you do, offer to make it your treat, as you're the one doing the inviting - if she insists, let her, but tell her you got next time - this is also a great way to get a 2nd date
                            Definitely offer to treat, if you can.
                            But be open to splitting or letting her treat if she insists.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              Actually they do still have Saturday Market here and it just opened up for the season.
                              For some reason I thought it was Sunday. I haven't been in probably 10 or 25 years though. But I do remember it fondly and want to get back for it again sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X