This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can has new toy.

So. A while ago I decided to build a new PC for my self. Recently, I picked up a good deal on a prebuilt, which had the components I wanted (bar a certain Hard drive). How ever. A new gaming PC means new controls too right.

So, i splashed out. And got myself a shiny new stoopidly customiseable mouse...

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Tis a sad day when your new mouse comes with its own tools
    Now to get back into PC gaming.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Wow! That's pretty awesome. Is it as good as it looks and what sort of gaming are you using it for?
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Its so...sci fi....I wanna poke at it.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Mishi - Even running it on a cloth surface (was sitting on my bed on my laptop) it was super smooth.
        I can adjust the sensitivity to four different settings with one button, and theres a 'precision' aim one, with reduces the ratio so the cursor moves slower. PLus programmable buttons means reload and grenades is a thumb click away lol

It'll be my FPS gaming mouse now, I dropped out of PC gaming for a while, but now it'll be FarCry, Dawn of War II, even old Mech Warrior. I want to pick up the orange box now, and get back into PC gaming.

Squeaks - hmmmm have you washed your hands? :P
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I'll stick with my beat-to-hell Logitech Trackman Pro. No Carpal Tunnel for me. :P

Comment

Salted - Fair enough we have our favourites. The great thing about this is I've essentially expanded the mouse to fit my hand perfectly, so wrist care is easier for me

Edit - And I'll admit, there was an element of "Its shiny I want it" to my purchase yes. But in my defence, the stock mouse supplied sucks. lol
            Last edited by ApolloSZ; 03-24-2011, 10:18 AM. Reason: - added honesty, lol.

Comment

i hate mouse, I am a trackman baby =)

I even use it on my laptops - I find that it is much more accurate than that infernal touchpad garbage, or the little nubbin garbage. I wish that with laptops there was an option to not have them installed in the original build. I usually find a way to go in and disable the damned things. I find that the ball being controlled by the thumb is much more accurate for me than the ball centered under the finger. YMMV =)
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

*Drools* I want...even though I very rarely play.
                Have to love MechWarrior. Give ARMA 2 a try since you like FPS, it's loads of fun. You can clan up for online play, create single and multiplayer sceanarios and it's pretty easy to play. I'll PM you the site for the group Rugz plays with (if you want).
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

How is that bad boy for actual comfort? I have a decent mouse speed/smoothness/etc-wise, but it's sloped upwards so my hand doesn't grip it very well.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Mishi - Sounds good to me, PM away.

Crossbow - Comfortwise was the other reason I got it. I can (Haven't yet) swap the palm rest for one that sits higher up. And what ever one I put on (they give a rubber coated one for extra grip) can be slid fowards and back to lengthen the mouse. The thumb grip can be slid foward and tilted outwards and I can change the pinky grip on the other side for one with a horizontal plate.

So I can have my hand spread out relaxed like, now that with my setup its almost twice the size of your standard mice. (For a scale, I can monkey grip a two handed german sword in one hand and use it relatively effectively - I has the big hands, lol).

Comment

Why do I have to wash my hands. *pout* You act like I'm going to drool on it or something, that only happened once!
                      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Oh hey there, strange creature from the next Transformers movie.

Comment

Working...
                        X