This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM so glad he is ok!
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Yay for Mr. Mis being okay!!!

(A few years back, the MOTH™ was having some stomach-ish pains. Went to the ER. Oh, yeah, it was appendicitis, and it was gangrenous.)
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That was very not cool of the surgeon to make you wait so long to hear anything that *you* had to call *them* back. They really should know better. I'm glad to hear that everything turned out ok, though. *hugs*
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I am very glad Mr. Mis is doing better. Many hugs to you.

The surgeon should be slapped with a fish.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Glad he's doing OK now. I had mine out about a year ago. Went to the hospital in pain on a Saturday night, the took it out Sunday morning and sent me home Sunday afternoon. With the good meds. :-)
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Mr. Mis had the laporascopic procedure done. He is home now and I have to go fill his pain medication in a little bit. I don't have a prescription for antibiotics, so I called the nurse who told me she wasn't given one to give him. So, I have a call in to the doctor now about the antibiotics.

His doctor is annoying me to no end now.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Glad to hear he's doing alright!
                ... and yeah, wtf is up with your doc? >.<
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Glad to hear he's ok!!

Out of curiosity, has the medical world figured out what an appedix is for yet? Isn't it a vestigial (sp) organ?
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    Mr. Mis had the laporascopic procedure done. He is home now and I have to go fill his pain medication in a little bit. I don't have a prescription for antibiotics, so I called the nurse who told me she wasn't given one to give him. So, I have a call in to the doctor now about the antibiotics.

His doctor is annoying me to no end now.
                    The only reason I thought antibiotics might be prescribed is because you mentioned the appendix was "stuck" and they had trouble removing it, and there was some spillage IIRC. That increases the rick of peritonitis.

He should have gotten a dose of antibiotics (usually Ancef 2gms IV) right before surgery, and maybe another dose after.

If the surgeon insists no antibiotics are needed, then fine . . . but to go the ER if his temp gets to 101 F or above (and give a dose of tylenol before you go, they will believe you).

Low grade temp less than 101 is usually normal in the first 24 hours post op unless there are other symptoms (like redness, swelling, drainage from the surgical site).

But if you're not sure about anything, be a nag. Serves your surgeon right for not calling you anyway
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                      Glad to hear he's ok!!

Out of curiosity, has the medical world figured out what an appedix is for yet? Isn't it a vestigial (sp) organ?
                      All three of my children asked me that last night and none of us could figure out any use for it. I told them I thought I heard years ago it was a throw back from early man, but not to take that as gospel since I wasn't paying attention to the program much.

The doctor told me that Mr. Mis doesn't need any more antibiotics that he should have had enough at the hospital. I could have sworn I was told he would need more.

I also would not hesitate to take Mr. Mis back to the ER if anything goes wrong and if he refuses to get in the car I will call an ambulance out for him. Right now, he is resting chocked full of pain medication.

Thank you all for the support and well wishes.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Mis - I think last time I heard something, they proposed it was similar to ones herbivores have, for grinding plantmatter, with stones. Not sure if that was shot down tho
                        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

<fishes out the latest Darwin Awards book which has a Science Interlude section detailing that exact discussion>

The Appendix is considered a vestigial organ, which is considered an organ that at one point served a function, but evolution has rendered it's function unnecessary. It's theorized that it was originally used to digest fibrous plant matter (koalas and other herbivores that eat such plant matter have relatively huge appendix and it serves as sort of a bacterial gunny sack to break down the fibers). As humans moved away from eating the really tough plant matter and/or cooking it to a more edible state, the use of the appendix reduced drastically and the appendix shrunk to accommodate it.

Now is it completely useless? Maybe not. The Appendix is covered by bacterial biofilms that are actually beneficial to the human body and it's theorized that it serves as an emergency reserve during times of poor sanitation and diarrhea.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yay for random recall ability! lol.

Comment

I'm glad Mr. Mis is better, and back home. May his recovery be speedy and thorough.

That was nice of the kids to tidy up the place.

Not nice of the surgeon to leave you uninformed to what was happening!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Glad he is OK!

My mom had her appendix out when she was in her mid-50s I think. Spent a few days in the hospital and she was fine.
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X