This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad everything went well.
    I can imagine how scared you were waiting to hear something.
    I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Thank you guys again. I and Mr. Mis appreciate the concern and hugs. He still really doesn't get how utterly terrified I was last night and how I was actually praying he was okay.

My aunt was the one who told me to call the hospital since she was trying to calm me down and get me to get some sleep and she knew I wouldn't go to sleep not knowing. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to do so on my own.

I haven't been that scared since Mr. Mis and I rushed to the ER where an ambulance took my big guy after his bike vs a car accident and a Chaplin came out to talk to us. It felt like time stopped till he told us he was just there to let me know my big guy was being seen by the doctor and seemed fine. The big guy need his knee replaced but it was better than what I thought I was going to be told when I first arrived.

The ER nurse who took care of Mr. Mis remembered me from the Chaplin incident.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I read all four pages at once. I'm glad the operation went well.
        Don't do to much to help Mr. Mis, walking helps the digestion to get started again.
        I had my appendix out in '68 and I haven't missed it.

I asked the surgeon who operated me last year about the reservoir-for-intestinal-flora theory, just talking while we waited for the anaesthetic to work, and he said that as far as he knew it was only popular with creationists.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
          Yay for random recall ability! lol.
          Random recall nothing. I just got that book and read that part roughly 24 hours prior.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

My niece had her appendix out just a few hours before she gave birth (the appendicitis induced her labor). It was hairy, and we were all terrified. *hug* I can only imagine what you're going through. My thoughts are with you and your fella.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I had my appendix out at 27. The attack woke me up early Sat morning, I put off calling the doctor till Mon morning. The GP referred me to a Gyn on Tues, who took me across the street to the hospital for an exploratory. Next thing I know, I wake up in recovery listening to some woman moaning really loudly and just wanting her to shut up (it was me!) sans appendix.

They had caught it within about an hour of bursting.

Had the whole thing waited another 3 days, I would have been covered by student health insurance! This is why I don't ask my mom to repay me for her groceries or gas money these days, and I try to decline it if she offers!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
              X