This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I Hate Myself

Ok i have really weak immune system. I get sick like 6-7 times a year sometimes and if anyone in my family gets sick i get it without fail. Been like this since childhood. But ive never really had the flu, or at least flu like symptoms. Stomach bugs, and head colds yes, flu not so much.

The worst is ear infections for me. I can't handle the pain real well sometimes.

Any ways meimei got a cold, a sore throat phlegmy thing. Within 3 days I had it . First day sucked second day i felt alittle be better until night where my body promptly went death-con phlegmy cause i ate ice-cream. Today i woke at 3 am when my mucenix stopped working and i started having trouble breathing again. All day i had a head ache, or a cough or sneezing with a scratchy throat. After being icky all day i took a shower (which killed what little voice i have) dried off and promptly (ok i squeaked with mama slicey alittle first) went to bed. I woke up and hour and a half later cause i had a rushing sound in my ear. Its like waves crashing against a cliff... in my ear.

I have some drainage and no pain but i have feeling im off to urgent care today cause its most likely an infection and slicey wants to sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time wheezing the whole time.

Hope you feel better.

One suggestion, try a neti pot. It helps.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
      Hope you feel better.

Second that.

Here is the one my doctor gave me. I find it is a lot easier to use than the classic neti pot.

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

They also have the classic neti

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/nasaflo.php

You can find these at most drug stores.

Don't just use it when you are sick. Do it every day. It will help prevent, and will lessen when you do catch a cold.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
        Yes, do this!!!!

I had a horrible sinus infection, felt like death warmed over, used a neti pot figuring "what the heck, I feel horrible, couldn't hurt" within 5 minutes of using it...ALL the gunk in my sinuses came out...ALL of it, including the crud that was in the sinus cavity ABOVE my eyes. IT was gross, but amazing, to have a sinus headache gone in 5 minutes, and the next day I didn't feel sick at all.

and this will happen(everyone's 3 stage reaction to a neti pot)
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

The good news is, if your ear is draining it will relieve some of the pressure. The bad news is, you may need antibiotics.

However, overall it sounds like a bad case of the flu. Antibiotics won't help, and neither will Tamiflu at this point. Symptomatic relief and ride it out is all you can do.

Try to stay hydrated: chicken soup, orange juice, and gatorade. Jello.

Resting is a good idea; take off from work if you can. Tylenol for pain or fever. If swallowing pills is too much, ask your doctor for a prescription for an adult strength liquid tylenol (they do make it). Just be careful if you have kids and Children's Tylenol as the concentrations are very different and the adult version is not safe for kids.

If you're wheezing, ask the doc if an inhaler would help, but be careful--overuse it and you can actually make it worse.

Good luck, and hope you feel better soon.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

im actually feeling better, i drank like 4 32 ounces of water (so thats 128 ozs) and after peeing like 6 times i could speak again and the mucus and the coughing where better. my ear doesnt hurt it just feels clogged but it drains alittle. and my eyes are irrated form all the mucus

Comment

Glad you're feeling better. I've been sick the last week but not too bad (no fever or anything, just stuffy and coughing, mostly). I'm getting better but last week I nearly blew out my ear while blowing my nose so that hurt. I was worried I'd end up with an infection but it seems to have cleared up. Sudafed is my best friend this week. Last year I got really sick in February (flu, then "borderline" pneumonia; missed almost 2 weeks of work and it was a good 6 weeks before I was really better)...so this year I got a flu shot for the first time since college and so far have gotten through the winter with only this one cold. (Knock on wood.)
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

god damn it!

So i was getting better i really was....

but now my tooth hurts.
                Alot.

I am going to have see about getting an emergency extration through medicade cause its cracked and hurts so much.

god damn actos.

on the bright side warm water totally helpped
                Last edited by Sliceanddice; 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X