This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid annoying callers

The background was nice and silent (major plus), but this thick accented guy kept saying the same thing over and over.

Me: *greeting*

Guy: Etteh, etteh, em, ah, I, am, ah, looking, ah, reservation?

Me: You're looking to make a reservation?

Guy: Ya! Ya!

Me: For when?

Guy: Etteh, etteh, em, ah, September, ah *garbled*

Me: *wait* ...What date?

Guy: Ah, ah, the 16th.

Me: Okay.

Guy: Is for a wedding? Wedding?

Me: It's for a wedding?

Guy: Etteh, etteh, em, ah, yes a wedding. Yes. Yes.

(Note: All this couldv'e been skipped by him saying "I'd like to make a reservation for a wedding for Sept. 16th" in 5 seconds.)

Me: The name of the wedding?

Guy: *gives name*

Me: Okay. What kind of room do you want?

Guy: Etteh, etteh, em, ah, nonsmoking?

Me: Double bed or King?

Guy: Queen?

Me: We have no Queen.

Guy: Etteh, etteh, em, ah, I didn't know that. Etteh, etteh, em, ah I thought you all do.

Me: We DON'T. So, which one?

Guy: *after thinking* Double.

Me: Okay...what's your name?

I'll save you a loooooooooooong dialogue but he keeps asking questions about the hotel between more "Etteh, etteh, em, ah"s and FIVE times does he say "Double bed, right? Etteh, etteh, em, ah? Nonsmoking right? Etteh, etteh, em, ah? For the 16th?" Yes you idiot I heard you the first time! I was ready to pull my hair out in frustration.

He seemed like a dream next to this douche, though. Whether he had hearing problems, or what, I don't know, but he suddenly gets hostile after I tell him the truth: We don't have your stinkin' reservation!!!!

Me: *greeting*

Douche: Hello I'd like to confirm a reservation.

Me: Sure for which dates?

Douche: Ah, for tonight.

Me: And your name?

Douche: *gives name*

Me: Sorry, I don't see that name for tonight.

Douche: *pause* ...

Me: Hello?

Douche: *in a deadly, pissed off sort of voice* ...Okay. Well, I want to change my reservation over there for tonight to another hotel in another city. *between teeth* Can I do that?

Me: ...I told you that we don't have your reservation.

Douche: *breathing hard*

Me: ....Anyway, if you want to make a reservation over there at another hotel, you'll have to call them.

Douche:... What. Is. Their. Number.

Me: *gives number*

Douche: *blows up* Fine! I can see that you're not going to help me, so I'll just do it MYSELFFFFF!

Me: *in best Jim Carrey voice* Well, alriiiightyyy then! *click*

I told the manager about it and he laughed and showed me a complaint some dumb girl wrote about us. Apparently, she had been very upset about our signs that say, "Enjoy our fresh clean sheets and bedspreads, cleaned just for you!" in the rooms.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Here's one from the other side of the spectrum:

A few weeks before my wife and I got married, she reserved a hotel room (through one of the online places) in the town where we were going to get married. At the time, we lived about 50 miles away from where the hotel was.

Well, thankfully (not for the hotel!) she calls them up a few days in advance to make sure they have our reservation. Nope. So she gets the number of the corporate (online place) office where she made the reservation. She ended up writing a very, very nasty letter to them.

Thankfully, with some sleuthing, I managed to find a hotel (from a different chain) about 15 miles from where we were going to get married. When my bride-to-be called and explained the situation, they gave us a suite, and a slight discount on it. It was pretty cool, because we checked in around 4 or so, and checked out that morning. So it was pretty nice.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
    X