X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No no no no no no NO

Bad customer!

I just had a customer send me a facebook message.

Strike one!

We're already crossing the line. It's nearly 9PM. We aren't open. You must have known that. I hope you tried calling first. On top of that, she can see my name, and still misspelled it. I don't even know how you can do that! It's right there!

Strike two!

"Hello [Copper],
    Do you know if there are any pontoons available for the 3rd of July, just for fireworks.
    [name]"

And strike 3? It's JUNE. June! Less than a month before the fireworks. We have 10 pontoons. How on earth did it come into your mind that they weren't all booked?

Even, even if the regular 3rd of July renters didn't start catching on and just booking the boats for multiple years, I don't think the boat would be available by now.

Strike 4?

We don't rent pontoons for 'just the fireworks.' We rent them for the 3rd, and make people eat the extra cost with glee. (Well not really, but still, we changed the policy because nobody else but them rents pontoons for any other reason that day.)

I told her to check the other marina, as an insider secret, they rent boats too. (Two pontoons, last I checked.)

If that doesn't work, I'll offer to stick a couple flashlights on a waterbike to make it night-legal and tell her to get out there early. And wear a swimsuit.

The only reason I can think she thought this was okay, was on a local home-owner's association group, I posted that, despite our signs, we would be open tomorrow.

I'll let you know if she keeps striking out, but I hope she'll slink away and consider what she's done.

(I've been reading too many Gravekeeper I think. I'm not normally this grumpy with people. XP)

Oh last minute renters (though at least they didn't come pounding at the door that morning like we've had would be guests do at my hotel).

Though... the third? Does your area celebrate a day early or do I have the wrong holiday?

Comment

We celebrate a day early. Haha. The lake we primarily serve has a GIANT fireworks show (probably only semi-legal. The local enforcement is willing to look the other way on the somewhat less legal fireworks because they only shoot over the lake, and we have a designated 'zone' where nobody can park their boats for the show, because that's where the fireworks will land.)

So everyone comes up for the week of the 4th, sees the show on the 3rd (there's other events, like a boat parade, turtle races, and we've even talked about throwing our hat in the ring by setting up a 'course' where we have people go through using our waterbikes), sleeps in on the 4th, then has their individual parties the night of the 4th. There's also a major fireworks show on the 2nd, and minor ones from June-September.

We LOVE fireworks.

Comment

We have a lake here that borders two cities. One does fireworks on the 3rd, one on the 4th.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Is it me, or did anybody else think of this image when they saw the title?

Comment

If any of my customers tried to contact me on Facebook I'd block their asses, I hope you did the same.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
              Is it me, or did anybody else think of this image when they saw the title?

I thought of Jim from "Vicar of Dibley".
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InTAt2hI_kg
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'd have sent back an email saying all the pontoons for July 3rd were rented by March 1st.

Which they probably were.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I'd have sent back an email saying all the pontoons for July 3rd were rented by ...
                  April 30th, 2012, when that song was released by Little Big Town...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X