This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't help me! Help me!

I had this couple asking me for help with the wifi in the lobby last night. Since we're in a national park and quite remote, the wifi is about as fast as dial-up. For a while I went back and forth with them with things they could try, and they said they needed to contact their daughter in the hospital and it was urgent. Finally when we were having no luck, I told them the best solution was to call the customer service line (the wifi is provided by a different company) and that I've never had customer service NOT be able to resolve someone's issue before. They went back and forth in their native language and then said they didn't want customer service to help them, but they kept standing there asking me for help.

Our wifi requires the last name to be entered exactly as it is on their registration, and once I realized it had been entered oddly, I told them the spelling we had and they put it in that way, but to no avail. I again suggested talking to customer service (which is really quite painless, I swear, and they didn't have to talk to them at all, I could do it) but they didn't want help from them and said they would try in the morning and left sadly.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Er....they couldn't CALL the hospital?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Er....they couldn't CALL the hospital?
      It was probably a ruse to try to get and the OP to magically make it work, because it was an emergency.

Comment

Well, they were in the US. The hospital was in Germany, I assumed. I don't know if their phones were German or American and whether they could easily (ie cheaply) call Germany with them.
        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
        X