This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night rate adjustments - not!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people arrive to check into hotels in the middle of the night and ask for a rate reduction because they will only be using the room for a few hours.

Firstly, it is not my fault you chose to drive all day and night and wait to check in until 3am. You could have checked in any time after 3pm. A room still costs the same regardless of what time you choose to arrive.

Secondly, it still costs us the same amount of money to clean said room no matter what time you check in. We still have to send a housekeeper to your room. We still have to run washers and dryers to clean the linens. Our costs do not magically go down because you were only in the room for four hours.

I always manage to get the losers who say to me - well since we will only be in the room for a short time do we get a reduction in rate. Yeah, no. These are the same losers who ask for late checkouts.

see I'm a reasonable person...

the FEW times I've been on a road trip and to bloody tired to know or care what road I'm on, I've pulled into a hotel, begged a room (and paid for it of course), and slept myself out. I didn't care on the price all I wanted was a place to sleep that wouldn't get me arrested.

in hindsite, I think the people were shocked I didn't argue on the price...just a simple "I need a room with 2 beds for a few hours, for myself and 2 other people."

sign paperwork, hand over payment, fall into bed.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I'm might have been an enabler to these kinds of people. If we still have rooms left at 3am, I'll knock ten dollars off the price to get them to stay. Checkout is still the same time however.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'd be embarrassed to ask for a reduction if it was my own fault for turning up crazy-late

Comment

I will give a discount if the guest is friendly and asks nicely... especially if we have rooms left that aren;t going to be filled otherwise. The ones who kill me are the ones who think we should beat the price they just got from the dump down the street that has been known to rent hourly...

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
            I will give a discount if the guest is friendly and asks nicely... especially if we have rooms left that aren;t going to be filled otherwise. The ones who kill me are the ones who think we should beat the price they just got from the dump down the street that has been known to rent hourly...
            QFT. I will (happily) lower the cost on a room if people are being nice to me. Hell, it makes me look good to walk in more rooms and get us closer to full for one, and it costs nothing to treat me like a person. I'm so jaded from past hotel jobs that the little things like that get to me faster than anything.

That said, assholes never get an asshole discount from me. In fact, someone who's been a dick to me before I read off the price usually gets a $10 surcharge added onto their rate...
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
            X