X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    *Offer void in Utah
    Louisiana. Dat Code Napoleon is sum weird shit law!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ah, but is it valid in Australia? That's what really matters! I mean, surely I'm safe from Arga down here... aren't I...?!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Perhaps safe from Arga himself. But from his kind? Unlikely...

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Perhaps safe from Arga himself. But from his kind? Unlikely...
          I'm in Australia and I've never had a problem with Arga's kind.

NEVER.

And I have owned a car for 41 years. (Note: Not the same one)

Perhaps I have at least half a brain.

Comment

Naturally I meant you're not safe from his kind if you ignore parking laws and signs. In other words, if you're an idiot.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
              Whenever someone was driving too close to the tail of my car while I still had my Silvia, I was SO tempted to slam on the brakes so that they would have to fork out for repairs - laws in New Zealand state that if you run into the back of a car in front of you for ANY reason, you were following too close and you were at fault - END OF STORY.
              Same in UK. ALthough someone mucked up a hill start and rolled backwards into my dad's car once. Thankfully a neighbour witnessed what happened cause it turned out the driver told his boss that we'd rear-ended him. When called on his lies he begged us to take the hit because if he had one more accident then he'd lose his job.

Well that's a shame, but it's probably safer you're off the road and really we didn't have the money to cover either the costs ourselves or the increased insurance costs it would have incurred.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Or they see someone with a legitimate use of the hazard lights (eg, car breakdown, or using their car as a metal shield for a medical emergency); and think it's because of the hazard lights that the vehicle isn't being towed.

...snip!...

I've never done the 'metal shield' trick (and since I now don't drive, probably won't ever do it); but it's one way to protect someone injured and stuck on the road.
                Incidentally, make sure to park you car diagonally across the road so that if someone does drive into it, both your car and there's are not sent straight forward into the injured person you are trying to protect.

Comment

Working...
                X