This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to call her an SC

because she apologized a million times, but I am so annoyed, so I'm posting. I am so sick of being told (not asked) that I'm pregnant. At least now I know why; she said something about the area above my waist. But last I checked, the uterus resides below the waist. It doesn't even make sense At this point every month some customer says something. I already feel fat due to the 8 pounds of water weight, and I have to be all nice and say "that's ok! " because I'm at work. What am I supposed to do, call in for a week every month? I've tried everything: diuretics, button-up shirts worn loose over a tank top, big tee-shirts. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that I'm behind a counter; that seemed to figure in to her assessment today (something about my leaning against it, I don't know). You all know how often I post about this. What do I do??? I can't take the hit to my self-esteem. And people do not call me fat, btw. I'm not skinny.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I sympathize {{hugs}}. Short of wearing a shirt that reads "No, I'm NOT pregnant" I don't know what to suggest. You'd think people would know by now not to make personal comments like that.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yep.
      Big shirt must be a maternity shirt.
      Fitted shirt must be a stretchy maternity shirt.
      Open button-up is a curtain to look past to find the baby bump.

Maybe next time I should say, "Nope, I'm celibate" or "Not unless it's Christmas and my name is Mary."

Comment

Get a gag knife and say you're going to abort it then and there. Then "stab" yourself.

Or burst into tears and wail about how the father died/left you/ turned out to be married.

Or go into graphic detail about the Facehugger that attacked you on your way to work.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Also, check how much salt you're getting. IIRC too much salt intake can make the bloating even worse.

as for the SCs ... stiff politeness is all I can suggest. Or "I"m not but thank you for your concern. Good day." etc.

Comment

Ugh. Can't offer anything in the way of advice that hasn't already been given, but I'm sorry you're having to put up with this.

If you're in a joking/sarcastic mood, you could say, "Oh, I'm carrying it for a friend" and watch their reaction ...

Comment

I once responded to that question with "if I am call the Pope and erect a shrine." I was still a virgin at the time. The look on the lady's face was priceless. (btw, she asked b/c I was throwing up alot due to stomach flu.)
              Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Also, check how much salt you're getting. IIRC too much salt intake can make the bloating even worse.
                I know I'm getting too much salt. I don't usually go for chips and whatnot, but when I have PMS I let myself have it. But I do naturally have very slim hips (same measurement as my waist) and a pooch above the waist more than below. Why don't people get that some people are built that way?

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                  Get a gag knife and say you're going to abort it then and there. Then "stab" yourself.

Or burst into tears and wail about how the father died/left you/ turned out to be married.

Or go into graphic detail about the Facehugger that attacked you on your way to work.
                  I love those all! I was thinking of a big shirt that says in blatant lettering, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell!"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    I know I'm getting too much salt. But I do naturally have very slim hips (same measurement as my waist) and a pooch above the waist more than below.
                    The fat cells in your stomach will store more water if you aren't drinking enough water*, and diuretics will make you MORE bloated for that reason.

*actual water-soda, juice, sports drinks, coffee, milk, etc don't count as far as your body's concerned.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I would go into my dark cynical mode and say its actually an 8 pound tumor they're going to remove next week.

Comment

if you can stand having pressure on your abdomen during that week, you could try wearing a compression shirt or something? might make it more comfortable too, but everyone's body is different so YMMV
                        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I did try on one of those waist cinchers recently. It didn't help much. Wish I had the money to have a corset made. Seriously. Have wanted one for 15 years. And of course no one said anything today because the change is that dramatic.

Comment

My doctor told me I needed more calcium some years ago, and she told me that taking in more calcium could help offset my body's tendency to go into camel mode.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                            X