Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want me to leave because of poison gas?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hotel local to me just had two people die in April and an 11 year old boy die a couple days ago from CO poisoning and it's all over the national news. It just boggles my mind that the people you had to deal with were that stupid over it. Though common sense is so rare it should be a super power, so maybe it's not that surprising.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~ Robert Heinlein

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
      Rock Lobster probably meant carbon monoxide (CO). It's a common error.

What you've really got to watch out for, though, is dihydrogen monoxide. You really don't want your lungs filling up with that.

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

yes, that pesky dihydrogen monoxide. It's EVERYWHERE! It's in your food, your soda, even in your drinking water! We should call for a ban!

why, even as I'm writing this, I'm experiencing a dihydrogen monoxide precipitation event...
        Last edited by ADeMartino; 06-13-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I once sailed with a captain that, if you were to approach him, and he suspected what the imminent conversation would be about, would already decide what your own whole side of the conversation would be. And that's all that would rattle around in his head, that's all he'd hear. You could say: "The sky is up there (pointing upward)," and he would say: "That's not the ground! The ground is down here!" Numerous protests and re-enumerations later, you'd just walk away, shaking your head in dismay.
          Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth Rock Lobster View Post
            And when they died from the CO2 they would have complained about that too!
            I could see such a letter on PFB . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
              I once sailed with a captain that, if you were to approach him, and he suspected what the imminent conversation would be about, would already decide what your own whole side of the conversation would be. And that's all that would rattle around in his head, that's all he'd hear. You could say: "The sky is up there (pointing upward)," and he would say: "That's not the ground! The ground is down here!" Numerous protests and re-enumerations later, you'd just walk away, shaking your head in dismay.
              ... my store manager is like this.

Comment

Quoth Null Requiem View Post
                ... my store manager is like this.
                Heh... my WIFE is like this.

Comment

Working...
                X