This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lieberry Tales

So. Tiny library. Library = books. Books = reading. If that were the end of the story, I'd be cataloging instead of kvetching.

Adventures in Reading!

1. Co-irkers
    Water in the bookdrop. Maybe from the deluge, maybe vandalism. We don't know. And some of the causalities weren't ours. Balls. So I did the paper towel method (though I doubt they're salvageable) so I could at least send 'em back without causing mold havoc. Set 'em up to dry, typed up apology letters with the 'we'd be happy to replace these' note, left a note for staff explaining to send the book with the appropriate letter to the appropriate library (since I'd be on my weekend while they dried). Come in today. Books gone, yay! One letter gone . . . one letter still there? WHY NO SEND LETTER??? Stupid coworkers. Read the frickin' directions. They even left two little self satisfied notes about how they send the books off.

Anyway, made more work for me on an already disgustingly busy day.

2. Patron
    The sign says ‘Please see Director in Director’s Office for Help (second door on the right).’ With an arrow. And highlighting. What part of that did you interpret as ‘come downstairs and pester the person who’s alone on the circ desk because the other person is in a meeting?’

Who's got their Listening Ears on?

1. website
    If I say our website is tinylieberry.org that means you have to type out the whole thing, not just tiny.org. And certainly not tiny.com or tinylie.com or tinyliecom. No com in this. Really. Lieberries are like the opposite of commerce.

2. gibberish
    When I say double click, I mean click twice in rapid succession. I saw you doing it on the computer earlier. You know how to do it. Is it just the every so strange words I used that made you go *click looong pause click*? Did I confuse you with my fancy schmancy computer terminology (as #1 claimed when I used the terms 'browser' and 'address bar')? In any case, when I said double click on Adobe Reader, I did not mean Adobe Digital Editions. I know you just clicked on the first Adobe you saw, but seriously, let’s up the listening skills, mmkay?

Bonus: Unnecessary meeting is unnecessary!

So our Friends group (a non profit group that fundraises specifically for the library--ours has some weird politics going on that I try to avoid) no longer has a website because the members who hosted it gratis moved and are no longer members. As the accidental techie I (at their request) put together a page off of the library site for them. We had a meeting today to talk about putting stuff on their webpage and getting an email account made for them. I don't even know why we had this meeting. It was a 30 minutes rehash of things I'd already been told via email. Buh bye 30 minutes. Hello 2 hours of catch-up check-ins, DVD filing, shelving and hold fulfilling!

Quoth camjuniper View Post
    So our Friends group (a non profit group that fundraises specifically for the library--ours has some weird politics going on that I try to avoid)
    I think that's every non profit... At least everyone that anyone I know has dealt with.
    Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Quoth Silvercat View Post
      I think that's every non profit... At least everyone that anyone I know has dealt with.
      Sadly, a lot of places that rely on volunteers end up with endless, stupid drama. Our church once lost our domain name when the old webmaster left and wouldn't give it back.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
        Sadly, a lot of places that rely on volunteers end up with endless, stupid drama.
        ^ QFT

Makes me so glad my director doesn't run the entire library on volunteers. I know places where that happens . . . and having met some of those volunteers

Comment

Working...
        X