This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID and pet woes

Don't put my name on the room and give me a key!

Guest came down wanting a key to a room. He was not the registered guest; his significant other was.

SC: "I want a key to my room."
    Me: "I'm sorry, I can only issue a key to [Wife]."
    SC: "My stuff is in the room. I need a key to the room!"
    So SC calls his wife. I verify her ID over the phone, and she gives me permission to issue him a key.

Me *on the phone with the wife*: "Would you like me to add him to the room so that he can get a key if he needs one in the future?"
    SC *shouting over me*: "NO! DON'T ADD ME!"
    Me: "Okay sir, but if you lose your key again and I'm not on shift, you won't be able to have a key issued."
    SC: *storms out before I can finish my warning*
    Me:

I don't want to see pets at a pet-friendly chain!

My motel is one of the largest pet-friendly chains in the US. It's one of our big selling points. Sometimes dogs will peek out windows when you walk by. It's what they do. As long as they aren't barking their heads off and being a noisy nuisance, they're allowed to stay.

Tonight, I take a call from a room.

SC: "Yeah, did you know that [Room] has a big pitbull-looking dog in their room?"
    Me: "Yes I am aware. We are pet friendly, and people are allowed to have dogs in their rooms." [And I've actually become rather well acquainted with "Baby", as she is called, and she's a gentle sweetie. ]
    SC: "Well, I have a pacemaker and when I walked by that dog just jumped up at me and startled me! I can't be startled like that!"
    Me: "Wait, did the dog lunge at you?"
    SC: "It was inside the room and it just jumped up in the window right when I walked by! I was scared! That shouldn't be allowed!"
    Me: "Well...as I said, we are 100% pet friendly here and that dog is allowed in the room."
    SC: "That isn't right. I'm going to be calling Corporate." *click*

Go right ahead. I'm sure Guest Services could use the laugh.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

My hubby and I are taking a road trip this weekend are going to a pet friendly hotel with our service dog. Usually I leave him with a sitter but my daycare closed for the holiday and my in home pet sitter lost her boyfriend in a car accident so I can't add to her burden this weekend. I'm nervous traveling with my pup. He normally does not bark but this is his first road trip and he is still on training so this will be a big test for him. I am worried about snotty people. We are one test from our certification but he is still a bit puppyish. Our trainer adores him because you can touch him or flip him pull his ears or tail and he is nonreactice. He is a great dog for kids. We are working on jumping and licking right now.

Comment

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
      So he can't be startled, ever? What does he do if a car backfires?

People are stupid
      He calls the car company's corporate office obviously. LOL

Comment

Maybe he could call the people upstairs who are running a bowling alley over *MY* room in the middle of the night right now.

The front desk here claims it's a thunderstorm! I know my rights! Do something! Fix it!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Me *on the phone with the wife*: "Would you like me to add him to the room so that he can get a key if he needs one in the future?"
          SC *shouting over me*: "NO! DON'T ADD ME!"
          Hmmmm. Something tells me the woman in that room is NOT his wife, but he is worried his wife or her attorney may at some time come looking to see where he has been - and with whom.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Yeah, a "pit bull".

Translation: It was bigger than a chihuahua.

And by the time they're done telling her tale to corporate, they'll make it seem like they had to dial them with a pencil held between her teeth because the vicious mutant pit bull gnawed off both arms and left them as bloody stumps, and the clerk DID NOTHING!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Argabarga; 07-04-2013, 02:43 PM.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
              I am worried about snotty people.
              Snotty person is snotty.

Most important thing to know about them? They matter much, much less than they think they do.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

We don't allow pets at our hotel, but we do of course allow service animals. (although people are always lying and saying their dog is a service dog when it's not-but that's a diferent rant). The other night we had a lady there who had a real service dog, it even had the little vest on. A lady was standing at the desk and saw the dog walk by and she got all upset that there was a dog in the hotel. I told her that it is the law that we have to allow service animals, but she was having none of it, and said she would never stay at our hotel again. Good luck finding a hotel that doesn't take service animals.
                "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
                  We don't allow pets at our hotel, but we do of course allow service animals. (although people are always lying and saying their dog is a service dog when it's not-but that's a diferent rant). The other night we had a lady there who had a real service dog, it even had the little vest on. A lady was standing at the desk and saw the dog walk by and she got all upset that there was a dog in the hotel. I told her that it is the law that we have to allow service animals, but she was having none of it, and said she would never stay at our hotel again. Good luck finding a hotel that doesn't take service animals.
                  Good, one less twat to deal with.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
                    We don't allow pets at our hotel, but we do of course allow service animals. *snip* The other night we had a lady there who had a real service dog, it even had the little vest on. A lady was standing at the desk and saw the dog walk by and she got all upset that there was a dog in the hotel. I told her that it is the law that we have to allow service animals, but she was having none of it, and said she would never stay at our hotel again. Good luck finding a hotel that doesn't take service animals.
                    Good grief, I hope that idiot never crosses the Atlantic. Last time I was in England, my friends and I were eating in a family-owned restaurant when the family dog strolled through, from back to front. Dog glanced casually at the guests but did not approach anybody ... just went out the front door and sat on the sidewalk and watched the world go by. From his/her demeanor, you would never have known there were plates of food all over the place. But you just know this SC would totally lose it over an animal in a restaurant ...

Comment

I was reported to the clerk at a pet friendly hotel I was at and for the same reason. My pet lunged at the person.

Of course my pet was a 10-pound tabby cat named Shadow and only jumped into the window since the sun was coming in and he loves lounging in the sun.

The clerk had a laugh telling me about my "dangerous animal".
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                        I was reported to the clerk at a pet friendly hotel I was at and for the same reason. My pet lunged at the person.

Of course my pet was a 10-pound tabby cat named Shadow and only jumped into the window since the sun was coming in and he loves lounging in the sun.

The clerk had a laugh telling me about my "dangerous animal".
                        And these are the same idjits who wouldn't think twice of sticking their hand into the tiger cage at the zoo if they could because they just don't get how nature works. Like the one person in the tour group who totally ignored the warning not to try and pet the wild ponies, because they're wild....

Leave them alone, they're grazing, see the pinned ears? That was a warning.... *sigh* here it comes............... *CHOMP!* Yep, that's pretty much what I expected...

And THAT, friends, is the kid of person who complains about "dangerous" kitty cats when they're back at the hotel getting their hand bandaged up.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Or the gorilla that owes its life to MULTIPLE witness reports (would have been euthanized without the reports). Some doofus was amusing himself by throwing rocks at the gorillas at the zoo. Naturally, the gorillas weren't amused, and one threw a rock back at the tormentor. Adult male "silverback" gorillas are VERY strong, and this one had good aim.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            And by the time they're done telling her tale to corporate, they'll make it seem like they had to dial them with a pencil held between her teeth because the vicious mutant pit bull gnawed off both arms and left them as bloody stumps, and the clerk DID NOTHING!!!!!!!
                            That's not right. The clerk should have at least said "Good doggie" and given it a doggie treat.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Or the gorilla that owes its life to MULTIPLE witness reports (would have been euthanized without the reports). Some doofus was amusing himself by throwing rocks at the gorillas at the zoo. Naturally, the gorillas weren't amused, and one threw a rock back at the tormentor. Adult male "silverback" gorillas are VERY strong, and this one had good aim.
                              Damn, I would've loved to have seen that!
                              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                              X