This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bosses make things harder for workers

Whose boss comes closest to getting a perfect 40 on this list?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I'll bet everybody's boss has done a few (or more) of those at one time or another.

Some of those really bother me, like letting Employee B get away with something after reaming out Employee A for the exact same thing! Be fair and consistent, otherwise it breeds contempt and resentment...

Comment

Not mine, but not far I'll give her more time.
      Last edited by taxguykarl; 06-05-2014, 08:12 PM.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Mine's got 21. Only because some of those don't apply to the way things are done in our office. Otherwise it would be a perfect 40.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At various times in my career at the swamp, I've seen at least 3/4 of those things happen.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

31/40 for the head of my department. The missing nine would be because a lot of these are talking about an office environment (I work in an aquarium) but adjust these ever so slightly and I could probably add about five more to it.

I seriously need to write an MiM thread about him. It's insane some of the stuff this guy has gotten away with.
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

13. Give your employees 2nd tier systems to work with but expect top tier results.

Ohhhh man. This, this THIS times 1000!!
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

The company who I'm still *technically* employed by issued me with a Core 2 Duo workstation when I joined. That is *still* my workstation there. The hard disk was even replaced with an identical model when it broke.

At home, I have at least three computers of my own that are more powerful than that.

And yes, this employer is all about high-tech computery stuff.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                  I seriously need to write an MiM thread about him. It's insane some of the stuff this guy has gotten away with.
                  Please do!

Comment

I don't think any of this applies to my last boss.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                    X