This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nickel Plate 765 in Michigan

Saturday was the Train Expo in Owosso, MI. I was thinking about going there but saw the throngs of people. Decided that it would be funner to chase the train, so I did. Here are the pictures:

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...plate-765.html

Excellent photos of a beautiful train! And you're right; the old steam engines do seem to have more personality than the modern diesel ones.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Excellent photos of a beautiful train! And you're right; the old steam engines do seem to have more personality than the modern diesel ones.
      Don't get me wrong...I like trains whether they are diesels or steam engines but it seems like each steam engine I've encountered has a different personality....

Comment

I live about 100m or so from a rail intersection in southern Michigan, and I'm fairly sure that engine stopped just south of the intersection last week to take on water. I got to watch it from my kitchen window.
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

That engine had a stop over at Union Station in Toledo last week. I had wanted to go see it, but I was tied up with other crap so I couldn't...
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Very nice, thank you so much for sharing.

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Diesel engines are cool and all but they are very mechanical. A steam engine almost seems like a living being.
            Although it wouldn't be as much fun as a stand-alone as it would be if you'd read the other "Industrial Revolution" books, I'd like to recommend Terry Pratchett's Raising Steam. Quick, easy, read right along these lines.

Comment

Working...
            X