X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Kansas.

http://www.movoto.com/ks/kansas-facts/

I liked the first Woman Mayor, the Invention of Helium, and the First White Castle.

MY STATE RULES
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Just sad the nearest White Castle is in the middle of Missouri. I'm glad I saw the article since now I need to cancel my whaling hunt for this weekend.

Comment

It's illegal to hunt marine mammals in US water, so whaling being illegal in Kansas (and Utah if I remember correctly) is probably not that important of a law anyways.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        ... so whaling being illegal in Utah if I remember correctly) ...
        It's to protect the Bee Why Woo coeds and RMs.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I love Kansas too! They had some great hits, "Dust In The Wind", "Carry On Wayward Son"...

...oh, you're talking about the state. Oops.

34. Goodland boasts the world's largest easel. Sitting atop the 80 foot, 40,000 pound steel easel, is a giant replica of Vincent Van Gough's “Sunflower” painting.
          I have to admit, that is pretty cool.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            I love Kansas too! They had some great hits, "Dust In The Wind", "Carry On Wayward Son"...

...oh, you're talking about the state. Oops.

I have to admit, that is pretty cool.
            I have seen it, It is Awesome, and the Museum that is underneath it, it has the remains of the first helicopter (which beat the Wright Brothers by a couple years).

It amazes me that this many years, "Wayward Son" and "Dust in the Wind" are still widely played. I always wondered if "Wayward Son" was referencing John Brown's Abolitionist Militia. The line "Carry on my wayward son, There will be peace when you are done". It just seems like something that would be said to a soldier fighting a justified war.

I am a museum junkie, so many small town museums. I am hoping to get to Nicodemus, KS and see their museum sometime later this year. ("For $5, the newly freed slaves were promise the Garden of Eden, they found Western Kansas instead. But through hard work and determination. They cause the ground to flourish and creating Eden themselves." *I forgot where, but I read it somewhere*)

Opps, I let my history nerd slip out again (lucky for you guys, I cut out the long extra-winded section). I love history, and museums. I love Kansas.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
            X