This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Girl's Guide Dog

Gets its own picture in the school year book right next to the girl he takes care of.

http://www.today.com/pets/guide-dog-...are-2D79784040

The dog detects the girl's seizures before they happen and is constantly at her side.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Now that's just plain awesome ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That is just plain awesome.

Down here, the most awareness that service dogs get is a notice in the school newsletter that while dogs are not allowed on school grounds, these are the exceptions and they are identified as such. (for instance, one child has a service dog for muscular dystrophy (not sure why) and another child has an autism dog)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Let me reiterate, that is awesome. Kudos to the school for recognizing Taxi's good work and spreading the word about service animals.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That is so awesome!

Quoth fireheart View Post
          ...one child has a service dog for muscular dystrophy (not sure why)...
          The dogs can do just about anything such as pick up items for the child, pull a manual wheelchair, assist in wheelchair transfers (between car and wheelchair or toilet and wheelchair, for instance), etc. (My coworker's sister is going into physical therapy field with the aim of doing animal assisted pediatric therapy It's an entire thing.).
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

OK, there's been three additional "Awesome's" -- I am now obligated to post this . (Starts at about 14 seconds in) ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X