X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I Wonder Why...

SC: "Do you have any pashmina scarf's that are longer then 80 inches?"

No, because if it was longer then 80 inches, it would be pashmina rope. So unless you have a neck like a bull, you should be happy with 80. Or did you have another purpose in mind? Because I'm no expert on fabric but I can warn you up front that no matter how much you think it matches the interior of the vehicle, its not going to make a good jeep winch. You might impress all the other girls at the trailer park with your fancy city folk clothes but its not going to pull a mobile home out of a ditch.

i complete forgot about this until right now-
    Maybe she did want to use it as a rope, im sure it would be lot nicer than their other ones, and probably leave alot less of a noticible mark than them as well. Hell a womans got be eventive some times!!
    (Yes im talking about autoerotic especitation, maybe just erotic especitation... maybe she likes choking her 'dates')

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      (Yes im talking about autoerotic especitation, maybe just erotic especitation... maybe she likes choking her 'dates')
      Asphyxiation?
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post

I know I dont go to the city that much and experience the joys of parking garages but the ones I have encountered either have staff on duty 24/7 or they put the gates up and you can just drive out at a certain time of night until a certain time of the morning no charge.

Most of the ones downtown here close around 11-12. We have a high rate of smash and grabs with vehicles here. Any parkade that stayed open afterhours..... -.-

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
          Well yes there is that CMS. One reason whyh I said if I knew the place was one that treated people like that then I would move to another place and not park there. Actually I would look for a regular parking space/lot first then only go to a parking garage if I had to do so.
          Generally speaking, the places that have parking structures like this are downtown areas that have very heavy traffic in the day and afternoon, but almost no traffic in the evening.

If you get really lucky or you have the time, you might find a spot on the street, although I would suspect most of those would be metered, and more trouble than a garage if you were staying late.

So you are left with either finding a garage that is open late enough for you to not have to worry, or to manage to remember that you need to move your car to another spot before the garage closes.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Parkade is a word I've never heard until I read GK's posts.

I envision a parkade as a rectancle constructed of roughly hewn logs, with John Wayne and his cowboy pals protecting the enclosed cars from marauding 'injuns'. Of course cowboys need their whiskey and 'wimen', so at sundown they lock the gates and head for the saloon.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I want to learn the phrase, "My hovercraft is full of eels" in as many languages as possible...

^-.-^
              Minun ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita.

Theres finnish version to you

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                Asphyxiation?
                yeah cant spell

Comment

Parkade is a Canadian word me thinks. I don' t think anyone else uses it. -.-

Comment

gk i think your funny bacon post made me deathly ill

Comment

This parkade nonsense is why I avoid driving into the city whenever possible. As someone from the suburbs, I hate paying for parking, and I hate driving in the city. Thank god for public transportation! The only exception is when I go to Otakon; then the Light Rail stops running before I would need it to. But then the lots around the convention center understand this and stay open suuuuper late.

Comment

Apparently I've been typo christened "Gracekeeper". -.-
                        *snort* Yeah, right.

SC: "Do you have any pashmina scarf's that are longer then 80 inches?"
                        Maybe it's a gift for Godzilla.

Didn't think so. Now grab a pen and a piece of paper, buttflap, I've got a message for you.
                        You actually called him back? You're a better person than I am. I figure if you're too much of a moron to listen to all the vital information, you can call back when you realize your mistake. That's when I leave the memo "called customer back, no response."
                        SC: "Yeah, my car's stuck in the parkade!"
                        Remember that idea I had several parkade stories back about the after-hours ninjas? You should seriously call the company and suggest that.

SC: "Then I got ta thinkin'…"
                        Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy there, turbo. Let's not do anything foolish...
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Ahh thank you for the info about the garages GK. The only ones I have dealt with where :Seattle getting out of the airport garage and that was mainly my friend's issue I was just along for the ride. Cincinnati and Dayton various hospital garages and the one in columbus was for the origins convention so it didnt last all night anyhow. So the hospital garages have cameras and security patrols goign through them so I guess they feel its safer. I dunno.

As for going into the city I generally try and avoid it unless I have absolutely no other options. And I mean none. I dont even like goign into the suburbs very much.

And actually yeah that rope idea could be interesting.......

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I want to learn the phrase, "My hovercraft is full of eels" in as many languages as possible...

^-.-^
                            "Min hovercraft er fuld af ål" is the Danish version... I looked it up, we have no word for hovercraft, so we use the English word.

I could probably come up with the German, too, but that would have to be when it's not one in the morning here
                            "You're a ninja. You can't be a fan of pirate rock"

Comment

Quoth onkko View Post
                              Minun ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita.

Theres finnish version to you
                              Since I'm 1/4 Finn, that is beyond sweet.

... now to go and get laughed at by real Finns when I try to pronouce it... *snicker*

Quoth Mistress of Foxes View Post
                              "Min hovercraft er fuld af ål" is the Danish version... I looked it up, we have no word for hovercraft, so we use the English word.
                              Well, I figure there aren't a lot of languages that have a word for hovercraft. I figure if they don't have rules for the importation of foreign words, then some variant of "floating craft" or "craft that floats" or some such would work.

[edit to add]

Heh... I should get you guys to make wave files of how to say those, too... that would be cool.

^-.-^
                              Last edited by Andara Bledin; 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM.
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Auf Deutsch!!!
                                Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist von den Aalen voll

Enjoy that.
                                It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                                ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X