This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Item gets scanned) customer asks "Are you sure thats the price?"

First of all there is no wiring from my brain connected to the scanner, Second of all I don't know in exact detail what the price of every item is and third of all I don't have control of the merchandise pricing. Why in gods name would you ask if I'm sure that is the right price? How do these people logically think? And No, My scanner is not called a F*cing wand, you're not expected to know what a UPC looks like so don't point at where it is unless you know what it looks like working retail because it's usually not the right one.Why would you ask if you're going to beep bringing toilet paper out of the door I mean who's heard of a security tag in toilet paper. Why would you ask if you're going to beep out of the door in general? I'll have to double check if all the items are deactivated. You think you've got it worse one time I was going to every CD store with DVD's and I'd beep at every fu%king store I went to and that is frustrating.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

I so hear ya on this one, it is nearly a daily occurance for me, some customers expect you to know the price of every item in the store especially some of the older generations who had to know the prices of items when they worked in a store. Listen up people, it doesn't work like that anymore.

Comment

I got that when I was a cart guy for Walmart. Listen people, I am outside all day. I do not know the prices of the items. So don't bitch at me, when I tell you I don't know.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Only times I've ever been asked that in Macy's has been when the item in question (for whatever reason) didn't have a price tag on it. Usually it was something from the clearance table, though......where the tags are known to fall off.

Comment

I don't think it's criminal for someone to say "I don't think that rang up the right price, could you check" - unless they do it on EVERY item or they're really nasty about it. B/c I have bought things where I checked - double checked to see that the item that was BY the sign was actually the item the sign referred to..... checking codes and sizes and all that to make sure it was the correct item - and sometimes it didn't ring up right. In that instance, I certainly feel that I can ask the cashier to check the price..... although most of the time I'm not paying that close attention to what's happening at the checkout.

However, asking if there's a security tag on toilet paper? That one is nuts. And again, if the customer asks if the price is right on EVERY item, then I certainly can understand getting frustrated. I don't expect the cashier to *know* the price, but I do sometimes expect them to check and make sure it's correct if it doesn't ring up as it should - they don't have control over the computer registers OR the price, but they can certainly fix a mistake if it rings up at the incorrect price.

Comment

I don't think its a crime to tell a cashier that a price could be wrong, what is a crime is asking the most cringeworthy question that pisses me off to no end is "are you sure?". I don't know whether or not a price is right or not so don't ask me if i am sure. i just scan the item, that's all. If you feel the price is wrong, tell me you saw a sign that says otherwise, stop asking me if I am sure.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with asking for a price check if you think an item has scanned at an incorrect price. we will gladly check it out and see if it's a mistake on our end (like an expired sale sign or bib tag left up) or not (like a customer picked up the item, changed their mind, and reshelved it in an incorrect spot).

In fact we'd much rather find out about these things from the customer than from the state pricing auditor (it's not good to be subject to possible fines or be featured on a local TV news expose).

What is sucky is demanding a price check on every single item (we don't mess up nearly that much), or demanding the lower price when it is not our mistake. We do straighten and return items to their correct spots but we can't be everyplace at once and we'd be giving out shitloads of discounts if we gave the lower price on misplaced items. However, if there is an expired sign up we will give the lower sale price, one time, and then take down the sign.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X