This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand-slapping and sweaty IDs

So, I've been at my job for about a month and a half, and management asked if I would like to learn the service counter. I say yes, so great! Today was my first day learning over there, and in between money orders and refunds and such, we do a lot of general ringing of small orders so the express lanes don't get overwhelmed. Here are a few gems I encountered today.

Mine, my own, my Precious!

I was working the desk with another girl, just headed into her senior year of high school, and we get on quite well. She has this system of making things go faster, by letting me run the keypad and till while she scans and bags items. Handy little system, actually. An older lady comes up with a container of baked beans from the deli and some hamburger buns and we ring her up. As C is bagging, she notices a debit card on the counter and says, in a bit of a panic, "Who's is this?" thinking of course someone had left it behind.

Old lady: It's MINE! *snatches card* I was about to slap your hand!

Coworker: *somewhere between and

Personally, when I'm at the store paying for my goods, I never, NEVER let my debit card leave my hands, for obvious reasons. Especially not if there is a huge line of people behind and in front of me.

Fine, we get that overwith, and start the next customer's order and I ask him if he has his WD card.

OL: *for some reason has not yet gotten the hell out, turns around and glares at us* "You didn't ask ME."

Me: "I'm sorry?"

OL: "You didn't ask ME for my card." *walks away in a huff*

C: I did ask her

SPEW!

Later, I was attempting to cash a lady's check, it was a government refund of some sort, and only for $45 dollars, but I digress. The computer prompted for a drivers license number, so the lady goes digging about in her bra for it >< Not unusual, but eh. And when she handed it to me, I noticed it was covered in beads of sweat

I think I'm going to start keeping latex gloves handy . . .
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I feel your pain! A few days ago, I forgot to ask a customer for their frequent shopper's card, and they were still there after I finished with them, and when I asked for the next customer's card, the lady glared at me and went, "You didn't ask me for MY card!" and huffed out. Sorry!

And just today, I got several dollar bills in payment for one customer's prescription, pulled from his sock, absolutely drenched in a liquid I could only guess to be sweat.

And people wonder why I keep a little bottle of hand sanitizer next to the register when I'm working there!

Comment

Working...
    X