This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radioactive Handset

It's not really sucky, it's acually mostly just funny.

FC = Funny Customer
    RC = Rep
    Me = Me

FC: Yes, I have an issue with my phone.
    RC: Ok, and whats the problem with it?
    FC: Well when I use the phone my tongue and teeth go numb.
    RC:
    RC: Uh... what now?
    FC: I'm not crazy, but when I use the phone my tongue goes numb and I can't speak... I heard that ***** phones do that more than others.
    Me:
    RC: Uh... **** can you help me here?
    Me: Okay so you're looking for a phone that...
    FC: Doesn't give off so much radiation. The radiation makes my tongue go numb.
    Me: Uh... okay. Well every electric device gives off some level of radiation... even rocks give off some level of radiation.
    FC: I know that I just want one that gives off less.
    Me: Well you know that the radiation given off by household products really isn't even enough to hurt a gerbil if you strapped it to the item for a year...
    FC: Look it makes me go numb, it's not a joke. Can you test this phone?
    Me: We'd need specialized equipment to check radioactive output...
    FC: Well cell phone salesmen are the best people to ask to recommend a phone with lower radioactivity.
    Me: I'm sorry we just can't speak to that topic.
    RC: Maybe an LG would work for you!
    FC: Maybe I'll get one of those radiation shields for the earpiece, thanks for your help!
    Me + RC + all the other employees:
    Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

WTF do you guys make the cell phone casing out of autunite?

I have access to a geiger counter, tell her to send it to me

Comment

You know you have to watch out for those bright green, pulsating phones. I once had one, and I thought that that was how it was made. Nope, radioactive. Caught me off guard. I'm usually well guarded, but this one slipped through the defense.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

New from LexCorp, the Kryptonite line of cell phones, they only cost $10 and are not a way to kill Superman.

No, really they just make him sick.

Look, just call him and ask him.............heh, heh, heh
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Maybe he keeps licking the charge port/battery posts when he talks on the phone?

I keep getting this image of jar jar from the first movie with this guy...

Oh hey maybe you could get some of those magazine articles frm the thirties when they where saying that radiation was good for you and give to him?

Comment

Well when I use the phone my tongue and teeth go numb.
            Check their usage. Maybe the reason for the numbness is excessive tongue impact on the teeth brought on by hours of inane conversations.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

My teeth are always numb. Aren't they supposed to be?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                My teeth are always numb. Aren't they supposed to be?
                I have the same problem . . . I don't think it's normal though.

Might be the result of being around too many boring people who like the sound of their voices a bit too much.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  they only cost $10 and are not a way to kill Superman.
                  I have no idea why, but this greatly amuseth me.
                  "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                    WTF do you guys make the cell phone casing out of autunite?
                    Leftover plutonium from a Delorian.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Maybe you should recommend idiots like these so have a cancer check, "just in case"
                      Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                      Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Hmm didn't think of going to a doctor, hmm?? If my tongue was numb, I think I'd go to a doctor to figure out why - I wouldn't be calling my cell phone company and asking if my phone was giving off too much radiation....... ask him if his tongue hurts when he stands next to a microwave...... doesn't that give off more radiation? How strange. If it was a serious problem though - go to a doctor! They can better help you w/ your numb tongue than your cell phone rep can over the phone!

Comment

Didn't you know? Cell phone sales people are trained, highly skilled technicians. We know EVERYTHING about EVERY phone... EVERYTHING! Bah...we don't need a sissy geiger counter. We just know.

/sarcasm

At least...one of my customers believes that...he thinks passing someone over to the actual phone technicians is "passing the buck"...so the guy in the OP doesn't completely surprise me...although his request about radiation is...weird....
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Do these people know what radiation is? The radiation coming from your wireless telephone, (and your television set, monitor, hi-fi system, and landline telephone) is electromagnetic radiation, basically the same waves of particles that make up light except the waves are much much smaller. All of this radiation takes place in the wavelengths below the visible spectrum, that's radio broadcasts, telephone signals and microwave ovens. The stuff y'all are afraid of is higher than the visible spectrum, ultraviolet, gamma rays, and x-rays. And all that is still different from particle radiation, which is created by the decay of radioactive elements, such as plutonium and whatnot.
                            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I was in line behind a woman at Sunflower Market one time that didn't want her opaque bottles of vitamins run over the scanner because the laser would somehow damage them....and the clerk agreed with her. They went on and on and on about the radiation from those, from microwaves, yada yada yada, blah blah blah, the thing the thing and the thing.

I'm thinking to myself, "Hello! What the hell do you think that big glowing orb in the sky is doing?" I almost said something, but realized that they would never believe me that the sun that she was going to walk under, with her vitamins, to her car was going to expose them to more radiation than the 1/2 second her vitamins would be over the laser!
                              Last edited by Pagan; 08-08-2007, 06:11 AM.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X