Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I preempted a shoplifter before I even knew he was one.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I preempted a shoplifter before I even knew he was one.

I standing outside enjoying a smokey treat and this street kid who hasn't bathed in weeks walks past me into the store. These kids like to steal from one used bookstore and sell to another so I was planning to keep an eye on him, via the cameras. I say what I say to everyone when they come it "Hi, can I help you find anything?". He gives a title and I'm start to walk him to the sci-fi section (It's very difficult to give verbal directions towards that am SC can understand.).

About 5 paces into the store he turns around, storms out and calls me a "fucking asshole" as he goes through the door.

Yeah, he really wanted to buy a book.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Ha! I would have started laughing hard at him as he walked out. Or grabbed the book he was looking for and waved it at him "HERE! IT'S RIGHT HERE! SIR!"

Comment

You still have used bookstores where you are? All the ones near us went out of business years ago... =>_<=

Comment

Jeez. What is wrong with you? you wouldn't give him an even shot at trying to boost the book and then give him the sue-worthy beating he deserves. Sheesh. He's right!
        O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

How could you possibly ruin his whole routine for the day by doing that?

Tsk, tsk.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X