This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's because you're so cheap that we're going out of business

Another day, another flock of morons who clearly can't see anything but the word "free".

The first instance of idiocy and annoyance was Stupid Lady otherwise to be known as RL.

Me: I was simply standing there minding my own business
    RL: "Where's all the .99 cent movies?"
    Me: "I'm sorry, but we're currently out of the .99 cent movies."
    RL: her face became annoyed like everybody else's when they find this out "Then you need to take down the sign that says .99 cents."
    Me: I was resisting the urge to point out that the sign says .99 cents and UP
    RL: she then walked off and started grumbling to her husband that our sale was, for whatever crazy reason in her mind, buy 2 get 1 free. She complained about spending 20 bucks and only getting one movie free. They walked all around the store and how she missed the at 15 or so signs that say buy 2 get 2 free is beyond me. Then she left after giving me a dirty look
    Me:

Then there was Stupid Boy

SB: he came up the counter with both our seasons of 24. "Does this whole thing count for 9.99?"

Important Note:we have our tv series all rubber banded together so they don't go traveling around the store because lazy customers can't put movies back where they found them.

Me: I was annoyed because people ask this question a lot too, "No, each disc is 9.99."
    SB: "Are you kidding me? But then why do you have them rubber banded together?"
    Me: "So they stay together as a set."
    SB: "I can't believe that! Well, I'm not paying that." he proceeded to stomp off to put them away and then left.

Finally, there was Cheap Lady

CL: She came storming up to the register and slapped down a stack of movies while holding another in her other hand. "I don't want these!" then she puts down the ones she does want. My coworker starts to ring her up and then she starts questioning the buy 2 get 2
    CW: "Well, you pay for the most expensive and get the cheaper ones free blah blah blah. Which means you'd be paying for the more expensive 14.99 movies."
    CL: She got really huffy after hearing that "I don't want them then!"

After she had stomped out I made the comment that it's because of cheap people like her the that store is even going under.

How was the boy stupid? I would have kinda thought that also. Meaning that they were being together, as how they were. But I was not there, as to know all the facts.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I was just amazed that Stupid Boy actually put the discs back where he found them.

Quoth GoldFinch View Post
      CW: "Well, you pay for the most expensive and get the cheaper ones free blah blah blah. Which means you'd be paying for the more expensive 14.99 movies."
      CL: She got really huffy after hearing that "I don't want them then!"
      This is how it's worked for every buy x get x free promotion I've ever seen...

It's amazing how many SCs seem to come from different planets...

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        How was the boy stupid? I would have kinda thought that also. Meaning that they were being together, as how they were. But I was not there, as to know all the facts.
        Because common sense would dictate that they're rubber banded to be kept together and are still being sold 9.99 per disc.

Comment

Quoth Dawnchaser View Post
          I was just amazed that Stupid Boy actually put the discs back where he found them.

This is how it's worked for every buy x get x free promotion I've ever seen...

It's amazing how many SCs seem to come from different planets...
          I know, I was very about it since our signs state that you pay for the more expensive ones. My coworker wanted made the comment of wanting to ask her what planet she's getting sales where the more expensive stuff is free.

Comment

$9.99 per season? Am I correct in this, or did I read you wrong? If that is correct, then where are you, and do you have the Third and Fourth season to Miami Vice, because I just can't find those. There is no complaining when you get 20+ episodes for $10. Especially when it's Sonny and Rico and explosions and all that good stuff.
            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Because common sense would dictate that they're rubber banded to be kept together and are still being sold 9.99 per disc.
              I dont agree. Common sense would tell you that perhaps 9.99 for an entire season of 24 is rather cheap. But when you can order it brand new for 49.99 at bestbuy to 44.99 at frys, then paying 60-70 bucks is just retarded (6-7 discs X 9.99/disc) the # of discs I just took from the website listings. I don't blame him for not wanting to pay the 9.99/disc for it.

But just because they are rubberbanded together doesn't tell you that they are being sold individually. The same same statement could be applied to 2 or 3 disc sets that are packaged in one ammoray case.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Not necessarily, UNLESS there's a tag or something on it that says "$9.99 PER DISC/SEASON".

If that's NOT the case, then yes, I also would assume that it's $9.99 for the rubberbanded set.

My
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I agree with powerboy, digilight and Becky.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

If the tag does not say "$9.99 per disc" or have the price for the entire set, I too would assume the set is $9.99.

And probably so would just about everybody else.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I know, I was very about it since our signs state that you pay for the more expensive ones. My coworker wanted made the comment of wanting to ask her what planet she's getting sales where the more expensive stuff is free.
                      Oh that would be Sucky World.

I mean, it's only stardard practice EVERYWHERE that for a buy one get one free offer, the free item is of equal or lesser value than the one you actually pay for. In other words, exactly what she was told.

There have been times similar to this that I have ever so slightly () lost my patience with SCs and told them "this is stardard procedure everywhere," usually in regards to not getting cash/credit back on coupons.
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                      X