Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise! It's Crabtastic Old Fart Day!

Gotta vent. Dunno if something's in the water or what, around here, but my day started off with a parade of crabby old coots on the phone. One after another. Argumentative, belligerent, grumpy and just plain nasty.

They bitched about the recorded message: "I can't hear her, I can't understand anything she's saying, she talks too fast blargle blargle blargle..."

One guy wanted to start his ad with "[Brand name] mobile home RV trailer". I made the mistake of asking WHICH it was. Cue long, confusing story of how some guy came to see this item because he thought it was a mobile home (the long, elaborate type w/kitchen, bdrms, etc) and that's not what he has. So, I asked the logical question: Why do you want to say mobile home in your ad if that's not what you have?

More griping. More complaining. LOUD complaining. He couldn't hear me. No, wait, he heard me, he's disagreeing. Wait again, put in "mobile home." I read it back. No, that's wrong. Do it this way. And on, and on. He yells at me, "Do you know what an RV is??"

I lost it. "Sir, I'm 57 years old and I've worked here for 35 years. YES, I KNOW WHAT AN RV IS. I'M ASKING YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY: MOBILE HOME, TRAILER OR RV??" Gripe, gripe, bitch, bitch, bitch. Finally done.

Next guy wants to BUY something. I won't say what because it was a very unusual item (nothing creepy, just keeping the anonymity). "Put in WANTED, and WANTED again." I said you only need to say it ONCE. Cue weird laughing. Sorry, was I being funny? Argued over the rate, the classification, the price, etc. Also couldn't hear me. By the end I was yelling so loud co-workers were looking over to see what was going on.

Those are just the ones I remember. I've blocked out the dumb ones.

BLEAAAHHHHHHHH....I HATE PEOPLE
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Wanted: Hearing aids that hear what was actually said and not just what I want to hear!

It would be nice if people would swallow their pride and admit they have hearing problems. Then *gasp* wear their hearing aids.. Not that it matters much with selective hearing.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      It would be nice if people would swallow their pride and admit they have hearing problems. Then *gasp* wear their hearing aids.
      Same thing with reading glasses.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Same thing with reading glasses.
        If I didn't wear reading glasses, I probably wouldn't be able to read anything smaller than road signs.

Comment

One of these guys actually did say "You'll have to speak up, I'm a little hard of hearing."

Yeah, "little" as in the Grand Canyon is a little hole in the ground.

Normally I'd be sympathetic. My hearing's not so good in one ear, I know it's a bitch to have hearing problems. But the moment I raise my voice and say, "Okay," you know what they respond? "WHHAAAAATTT????"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I got news for ya, EVERY day has the potential to be "Crabby Old Fart" day.

And I can sympathize, my Dad's losing his hearing, but is in total denial...... it's going to drive me to kill him someday, and he'll never hear it coming........
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              And I can sympathize, my Dad's losing his hearing, but is in total denial...... it's going to drive me to kill him someday, and he'll never hear it coming........
              My Father was going progressively deafer just before he died 5 years ago. he would turn the TV up until we were all going deaf with the noise, then he would complain that all the people on TV were dropping their voices.

I was sitting right there when my Mother tried to talk to him with the newspaper in front of her face and he couldn't hear her. She dropped the paper and talked in the same voice and he could hear everything.

I said to my Father; "You're lipreading! That's why you can't hear when she has the paper up."

He replied; "No, she dropped her voice."

It was always everyone else. His hearing was still perfect - he didn't need hearing aids.

Comment

My father has hearing aids.. but will he WEAR THEM?! Of course not! You can hear the TV from outside his home, that's how loud he listens to it. I have no idea how Mom stands it.

Father, I love you, but hearing aids are just like glasses.. if you need them, wear them. Then you won't spend your time making me repeat myself. Unless you like having me repeat myself. If so, then you're an asshole.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                X