This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably Stoned

This one actually happened to my CW, but I was standing right beside her the whole time and wound up laughing my ass off before it was over.

Guy comes in, CW greets him, he says he's there to pick up a call in and gives us the name. CW checks the back where we keep finished orders and I check the hanging tickets. Nope.

CW: "Could it be under Name 1, Name 2, or Name 3?"

Stoner: "Yeah."

CW: *waits* ".. Which one?"

S: "Oh, uhh, name 1."

CW: reads off ticket.

S: "... What's under name two?"

CW: reads off second ticket

S: "I'm picking it up for a friend, I actually don't know his last name. Or what he ordered."

Other CW: "Would you like to call him?"

S: "Yeah!"

OCW: "Is it long distance?"

S: "Oh, I don't actually know his number."

At this point I had to turn around and pretend to wipe the counter behind me, because I was losing it. My first CW was too. Stoner texts someone, gets the number, and calls.

S: "It was name 2."

CW: Gives him his total.

S: Pulls out credit card, completely disregarding the rather large sign in front of our register stating that we only take cash or check.

CW: "I'm sorry, we only accept cash or check."

S: "Oh.." *pauses*

OCW: "Did he only give you a credit card?"

S: "Yeah.."

Me: "The gas station down the street has an ATM." (You would not believe how often I have to tell people that.)

S: *brightens* "Alright, I'll be right back!"

He comes back half an hour later with a check. I lost it again.

Wait... He had the guys card but he doesn't know the last name.... I would have cracked up,too.

Comment

Gobless stoners though. I'd rather that over a tweaker .
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Need a sign out front.

"You must be at least THIS lucid to use this business"
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Arga, if food places turned away people just because they were stoned, they'd lose a lot of business.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

they probably would lose a lot of business at that. Here in town there's a diner specializing in poutine (70+ kinds) and is open 24/7, they're actually pretty busy at around 3am.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Right. Think how much money Denny's would lose if they barred stoners or drunks.

Hell, would Denny's even EXIST if they turned away that clientele?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Let's not forget Toxic Hell. I can't imagine anyone whose mind isn't altered wanting to eat their pseudo-Mexican "food".
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Let's not forget Toxic Hell. I can't imagine anyone whose mind isn't altered wanting to eat their pseudo-Mexican "food".
                  ..................thanks, wolfie.

I quite like their grilled stuffed burritos. I just don't go there very often anymore because I'm usually jonesing for one as I'm getting off work, and the most convenient one is always SLAMMED by the time I get there, and I'm not jonesing hard enough to wait in a drive-thru line eight cars deep. (Seriously, crazy busy.)
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hey I like that place! I don't eat there all the time, more like once every three months or so, but their food isn't bad. It seems to actually help my digestion a bit, actually. Kind of the opposite of what most people say it does.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      My husband and I kinda like the place, and neither of us drinks or uses drugs.

Jay 2K, I've frequently found that I can get to-go fast food quicker by parking and going into the lobby (if it's open at the time, of course).
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        Jay 2K, I've frequently found that I can get to-go fast food quicker by parking and going into the lobby (if it's open at the time, of course).
                        By the time I make it to that store, it's almost 11pm, and they've pre-emptively locked their doors. I don't blame them for this, but it means the line builds up at the drive-thru.

If I swing by there and find the line is only a couple cars deep, I always leap at the chance.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It took me a while to give Taco Bell another chance after one of their double-decker tacos loaded with refried beans put me on the toilet for half an hour.

Now....I just don't go there too often. Probably because it's now a decent drive across town to get there. Their old place was pretty close to me, but quite literally falling apart, and it was torn down not too long ago.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            I love Mexican food. I hate bad Mexican food. I like Taco Bell. There is no contradiction here, as Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food. It is American food, pure and simple.

I don't go there now at all, because the only one in KW closed down a while back, and the next closest one is 50 miles away, and honest, I don't like it THAT much. But it is decent, fun, easy food, and I'm a sucker for their Mexican Pizza, with extra sour cream, of course.

Is their food crap? Of course it is. But it's fun crap. Many people like McDonald's for the same reason. I personally can't stand it myself, but in the fun sense, Taco Bell is my McDonald's. Or was, now that it's gone.

Amusingly, most of my friends and I agree that the reason they probably failed and closed down here was because (1) they were nowhere near downtown where all the bars are, and (2) they closed at 11 pm in a town where bars can be open till 4 am. Better location and smarter hours would make a KW Taco Bell a major success.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I love Mexican food. I hate bad Mexican food. I like Taco Bell. There is no contradiction here, as Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food. It is American food, pure and simple.
                              Pretty much, yes. Besides, trying to find good Mexican food around here is the old needle-in-a-haystack. Let's just say Taco Bell is better than most "Mexican" restaurants in Oregon.

Besides, they serve Pepsi, so they can't be all bad.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X