This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My key is worth a thousand dollars!

I have "customer" that broke his key in his lock while trying to open the portable storage unit we delivered to him. Poor guy, he couldn't get his lock open to unlatch the door to add the rest of his stuff to his container because the dang ol' key snapped in the lock, and it's all my company's fault. He said he left $1000 worth of stuff that he couldn't load what was left behind, and since his key broke we owe it to him to pay $1000 for what was left unpacked. We didn't even sell him the lock! But, it's our fault, nonetheless. His excuse now is that somehow, our latch is faulty and the door of my container broke the key, preventing access to his container and loading the rest of his stuff in it. Naturally, bolt cutters and a new lock are impossible to obtain (in a sucky customers mind), but an easy $1000 just for the asking is easy. Good God! Customers.... can't live with 'em....can't hunt them down.
    Last edited by lie-al; 06-12-2014, 02:15 AM.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

That's brilliant! I'm going to call the phone company and ask for $1000 because someone I don't like called me, then I'm going to call the sewer and water service and request $1000 because my shower was too hot.

What, you don't think that will work? It makes just as much sense. Wow. Just wow.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quite right, NecessaryCatharsis. I can not imagine this guy thought this ploy would work in the first place! The stupid, it hurts.
      "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Comment

My own Lock

Last time I use a storage unit I bought the lock at their store front.

If that lock failed in a short time (say 2-4 months) I would feel in in my rights to ask for a free replacement lock.

But if on the other hand I carried in my own scummy lock and it failed I would beg them politely to use their bolt cutter to remove it after I bought a new one from their store first.

And I bet with a clear sale made first that they would not mind cutting the old one for me.

Plus, I am dumb. I would slip a tenner or so into the hands for the one doing the cutting. Pre-greased palms always gets the job done fast.

Comment

Quoth lie-al View Post
          can't hunt them down.
          someday... someday.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I always use my own lock; I've got a lot of them lying around so why pay the extra money?

The solution was fairly simple; get a bolt cutter, cut the lock, buy a new one.

I'll be he ran out of room for his stuff and doesn't want to admit it, or that this is a scam.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Because Weird Al is the most Perfect Musician Ever, he has written a whole song listing out the ways in which Everything Is Your Fault:

I'll Sue Ya
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXQBHLIPcw

Comment

Working...
              X