This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sofar View Post
    I don't like "shove it up your ass" as much as I like "blow me." People don't say "blow me" anymore, have you noticed? I'm bringing "blow me" back.
    I don't know whether it was intentional, but right now I'm putting those words to Justin Timberlake's 'SexyBack' and it's damn funny.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      Back when I worked at the bookstore I actually had a guy tell me the store was legally obligated to provide bathrooms for customers. And then proceeded to tell me that if his son did not use the staff bathroom this minute he would call the cops. I offered to call them for him (what can I say I'm helpful) and he stormed out cursing up a storm.
      Ah yes, customers that "know" the law.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        At the craft store we got rid of the public restroom after the cleaners we contracted out to refused to keep cleaning it after someone smeared shit on the walls twice in a month.
        I worked at big lots for a little while last summer. We had this guy, we didn't know who it was, we called him "shit van gogh" because he would plaster the men's room walls with his shit. Unfortunately, I think that there is a law in Georgia that every place in business has to have a public restroom. And we didn't have special janitors, we cleaned it up ourselves.

We have an outdoor mall in my town that has public restrooms on each aisle and in the food court so the stores don't have to accomidate to the public. I worked at an accesory store in 2004 for about a month and we had a bunch of people sneak back there to use it. They wouldn't ask.

There was an incident of this woman who brought her 7 grandkids into the store so she could buy 50 discount items for like $25. While I was ringing her up(and it took forever too, our registers were older than me!) one of her kids went into the back, took a dump in the toilet and didn't flush, and then he puked in the sink and left it there with out running the water.

I couldn't see this happening, my back was turned towards the bathroom because I was facing this obnoxious woman and another one of her kids writing all over our ear piercing chair with a pen. I was fairly occupied. I still got the blame for it even though my manager was on the floor in the area of the bathroom!

When she finally left, she said to the kids, "Let's get going, we don't want to miss the movies!" Knowing full well that one of her brood had just ralphed in our bathroom. Hence, he's sick! He doesn't need to expose the public! Unfortunately for us, this vile woman was a regular.
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth journochick View Post
          I don't know whether it was intentional, but right now I'm putting those words to Justin Timberlake's 'SexyBack' and it's damn funny.
          damn now i have think about sad things to stop laughing

Comment

One time I needed to use a bathroom after having a lunchtime enema at Red Lobster. I was at a sporting goods store at a mall, and knew the public bathrooms were at the food court, in the middle of the mall. Problem was the store I was at is located at the end, so I knew I wouldn't make it. I'd been talking with one of the employees on the floor about whatever it was I was buying when I felt the rumblings. So I asked if they had a bathroom I could use, he asked another associate if it was okay to let me use their employee bathroom. Thankfully they said yes.

Comment

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post
              But with the prevelance of the phrase, some days it seems that all I think about is asses, and what might or might not fit up them.
              We, of RPG geekdom, refer to those as asses of holding. That's where clerks supposedly hold the product that isn't on the shelf.

Quoth Sofar View Post
              I don't like "shove it up your ass" as much as I like "blow me." People don't say "blow me" anymore, have you noticed? I'm bringing "blow me" back.
              I used to have a friend, way back, who's comment of choice was, "Lick me where I pee."

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I went to a restaurant once that didn't have a public restroom. Apparently, they were expanding and the part that did have the restroom way back when no longer existed, and per insurance stuffies, they couldn't let regular people use the staff restroom. That's the background.

So, I was just done eating, thought I might as well use their restroom instead of at work, since I walked there during lunch. So, I asked a waitress where the restroom was. The poor waitress's eyes got so wide, she almost looked afraid as she hurriedly explained the above to me. I mean, she was almost cowering, like she expected me to blow up on her.

She probably gets that a lot.

It kills me to see that! It's not her fault, poor girl, that her building doesn't have a public restroom. And by her reaction, she's having to deal with these aggressive customers all the time, and she can't handle it. She's probably new to the place.

These customers don't realize what they're doing to people! They get all mad, and fuss at the waitress or the cashier or whatever, and there's NOTHING they can do about it.

And because of the constant abuse, it makes that person more bitter and generally wounded. They really need to get smacked.

Personally, I think verbal abuse of the sort reported here on CS should be against the law. A lot of it is funny, but remembering that waitress really pissed the hell outta me.

Khana
                Last edited by Khana; 06-15-2007, 04:27 PM. Reason: Clarified a point

Comment

Quoth Khana View Post

Personally, I think verbal abuse of the sort reported here on CS should be against the law. A lot of it is funny, but remembering that waitress really pissed the hell outta me.

Khana
                  I think it is. In the Hospital I currently work in staff must report ALL incidences of abuse or violence, verbal or physical and the offender can be prosecuted.

Same goes for when I used to fly, you could refuse carriage if a passenger verbally abused you.
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

My sister used to work at a video store when she was in high school. Since the chain was relatively small, they would not let customers use the staff restroom for insurance reasons as discussed above.

So, this woman comes into the store with her son and asks if there is a restroom. My sister replies that they do not have a public one and that she could go next door to the bowling alley. So instead of taking her son next door since he so "really had to go", she stands there and argues with my sister, who doesn't budge.

The woman leaves and comes back inside a few minutes later. She approaches my sister and says, "Since you would not let my son use your restroom, I was forced to let him urinate all over the front of your sidewalk."

My sister, who is much more of a smartass with customers that I am, doesn't miss a beat and dryly replies, "Well, that's why we don't let people like you use our restroom."

Comment

I don't have kids, although I have bladder spasms occasionally, so I can appreciate the whole "Agh! need a bathroom right now!" thing.

Although typically, I pick the places I go inquire of (usually a fast food place) and will purchase something while I'm there.

Sometimes I wish our bathrooms weren't public, especially after the occasional poo-splosion. Egads. How on earth they can get it on the ceiling is beyond me....

Comment

I've had someone deliberately smear the inside of the gents toilet door, especially the hande, with poo. Those who were inside were forced to wait for someone to come in because they dare not open the door.

Who would do such a thing? And why?
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                          Who would do such a thing? And why?
                          And people wonder why staff members won't let the public use their restrooms . . . Who would even want to handle poo anyway? That's just so gross and full of germs. I feel sorry for those forced to clean it.

We got staff only restrooms as well. I've gotten my fair share of whiny "Whhhyyy nottttts?" I've just given up and tell them that we don't have a restroom at all (i.e. "Do you have a restroom? Nope."). Then I usually direct them to the place across the street.

This one guy needed to use a restroom. I directed him to across the street. I even said FURNITURE STORE and ACROSS THE STREET. Plus I was pointing. It's kinda hard to miss the furniture store, which is well, across the street. Considering we also have very large windows, the store is clearly in view. What does he do?

"Thhaaaat's toooo faaaar!"

He walks out the door and walks DOWN the street to a CAP office (I think), which is further than the furniture store. Although, I don't think the CAP office has public restrooms either.
                          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

When it comes to small children, it's not a matter of going to the bathroom before you left home, they don't have the control that older children or most adults have. Still doesn't mean they get to use your restroom though.

I'm thankful that when my oldest was pt'ing, we were let to use the non-public restroom in a couple of places. But as far as I remember, I did NOT demand that we be allowed to, and I was gracious.

The restrooms where I work are public. I'd love it if they weren't. And to be able to answer "we haven't got any public toilets"...instead of "yes, it's under the giant sign that says RESTROOMS, you doof".

I tell you, the thing about being "just a cashier" is that I can answer any question regarding WHY something is with a .."I don't know, it's not MY policy, it's the stores/corperate policy"
                            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

At the Party Venue, the only restrooms were inside the venue and usually before the show a lot of people hung out in the parking lot and would often ask me if restrooms were out here. They'd usually complain that it was too far of a walk when I told them that they were in the venue. I still found it amusing that people were willing to argue for a few minutes about public restrooms.

I've had someone deliberately smear the inside of the gents toilet door, especially the hande, with poo.
                              Okay that's just sick. When I went to New York City, I stepped in poo back at the airport. I had to go to the bathroom when my plane landed, I noticed an odd smell when I checked in and it took all I had to not scream at the bastard in anger for smearing feces on the floor. It wasn't even a smear but just a well-laid out trap.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Reading this thread just makes me glad that I almost never step anywhere that I haven't actually looked. I would never end up stepping in anything like that.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X