X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Medic!!

This site is slowly bring back such lovely memories. Like this one:

A guy comes up to the register, I stop what i'm doing, and I freeze in my tracks.

The guy calmly asks about a book, while i'm looking at his bloody nose, and blood trail on his shirt. I tell him we don't have it.

After he leaves, my co-worker and I look at each other, and wonder what the hell was up with the guy. We kinda agree that he's an ice-head.

I'm guessing the book he was asking for wasn't about first-aid?
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
      I'm guessing the book he was asking for wasn't about first-aid?
      Nope, he asked for a copy of High Times. Which we did have (in a "secure location"), but I was afraid he would walk out with, so I gave him a "We returned it" BS.

Comment

once when I was younger I was holidaying at a seaside resort that used broken up rocks as breakers. ANyways, I slipped, climbing on these and cut a huge gouge in my knee. I didn't notice I'd done this =, however, till I'd ben wandering around several minutes with a huge trail of blood running down my leg. I got a lot of looks like the one you just described. Finally someone pointed it out to me.

So, urmm- that had nothing to do with your post and absolutely no point to it, buut yeah. SOmetimes you don't notice when you're losing claret.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

... 'tis but a flesh wound!

-Wembley
          Originally Posted by edible_hat
          (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

I cut myself in a darkroom once. I was loading film in pitch darkness and evidently cut myself on the sharp edge of a film tin that was so sharp I didn't feel it. I kept wondering why the film was wet. I was thinking the whole time "Gee, I hope all this moisture doesn't hurt this film Did the customer fall into a lake with it???"

I got done, sent them going through the dip and dunk machine and opened the door. My friend who worked with me in the lab took one look at me and went .

I looked like I had butchered a pig in there.

Comment

Wow, your stories are all so much more dramatic than mine. I was bored at work, all my duties done, no customers to serve, so I stood at the counter, drumming with the backs of my hands. Do that for a couple minutes, pause, resume, la de da, then look down. Where'd the blood come from?! Holy CRAP! It's all over my hands! How did I not notice blood on the counter! Holy CRAP! It's coming from my FINGER!?!!??!?! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Oh. Wait, it's not bleeding that badly. Whew. Clean it up, get myself a bandaid.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I cut myself in a darkroom once.
                <snip>
                I got done, sent them going through the dip and dunk machine and opened the door. My friend who worked with me in the lab took one look at me and went .

I looked like I had butchered a pig in there.
                Hands and heads really bleed out of proportion. It can be really cool sometimes.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I recently had a job interview where I cut my finger on my umbrella, didn't notice it and sat there bleeding the entire interview and my water glass got all bloody. Embarrasing!
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I saw your thread title and thought you needed a Medici

So naturally I thought, "What does Hon'ya-chan need with a Renaissance poisoner?"

Dang, I watch too much History Channel.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Comment

You're right, BeckySunshine. I wasn't even cut badly. I put a nice little cut in my thumb, and you would have thought I'd sliced open an aorta. Then of couse I squished it around opening other tins and groping around in the darkness. And kept wiping it off on the front of my shirt or the towel, so it couldn't clot. Oh, it was quite the nice little mess when I was done.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post

I saw your thread title and thought you needed a Medici

So naturally I thought, "What does Hon'ya-chan need with a Renaissance poisoner?"

Dang, I watch too much History Channel.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
                        Don't feel bad. I thought exactly the same thing. Now back to my history books (Oh amazon, you wound my wallet)

Comment

I got a really heinous paper cut once, right in the middle of the morning coffee rush. It just would NOT stop bleeding. I somehow got it under control during a 5-minute lull, but damn, it was rough for a half-hour.

Worse is the local drunk that has (presumably meth-induced) open wounds all over his arm. Or the time I got a soaking wet, bloody dollar from a customer. I didn't accept it, and in fact called the cops. Turned out the gustomer had been stabbed in a fight, and felt it better to come get chips BEFORE going to the hospital...

Joe

Comment

When I was working at a previous store, I was the first aid trained person on site (we did have a cool title but I can't remember it now). Nothing ever happened to any customer or staff member (except myself: accident reports #3-#18 all UK) until 4 days after I quit. My replacement (who was also a good friend) had to perform CPR on a customer who had a massive heart attack. It was all to no avail as the customer had died instantly, at least thats what the doctors told my friend.
                            My friend also quit soon after as she hated having to go into the building from then.

Here in New Zealand there are very few opportunities or legal abilities to sue, so more people appear to prepared to help knowing that if they cant do any good, noone will be out to get them.
                            "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
                            "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

When I was student teaching and subing, I occationally would get a cut or a bloody nose. I would have to treat my injury while still teaching. "Ok class, look for the next answer while I get a bandaid."
                              I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                              X