X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! I love your manager!

Maybe it was a language thing...they don't read British

I can understand not realizing how things worked (we all know SCs and signs) but when informed of the procedure, why not just say "Oh, OK" and get off your ass and order something? And if I read right, the only part they have to do themselves is the going to the bar and ordering, then they can go sit down and the food gets brought to the table...so what's the big deal? Aside from the actual ordering, that is table service...

And I never knew "ewwwwwwwwwwwww" could be used as an adjective...I'll have to try to work that in somewhere one of these days (just kidding)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Maybe it was a language thing...they don't read British
      What do I need to take English for? I'm never going to England!

/Homer
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Well your coffees are ewwwwwwwwww!
        In all fairness, as an Englishman, I do think this is a pretty good description of coffee sold in a lot of pubs in England. It really is not the best. It does make the food taste a lot better afterwards though.
        "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
        "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Guess what! This is the same way I order food in most bars I go to that serve food! They just don't have the staff to have somebody come out to the tables and take orders.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I heart your manager!
            -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
            -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

How can they not accept going to the bar? half the places i bet they eat are like that. What England is going to be sooo much better and different?

I now wanna go to england and sit t a table next to one of these people to chew them out for management

Comment

ACTUALLY, those places where you do have to walk up to the counter and order your food (then get table service after that) *does* exist here in the states. I know. I worked at one. They're not overly common, but they are around.

What annoyed me the most was when people sat down (and waited . . .) and then tried whistling at me to get my attention. It got my attention all right. But seriously, I was too busy to drop everything and go and serve them (and the restaurant wasn't overly big either). Usually, you'd think the "Order Here" sign with the two registers at the front counter, as well as the LINE of people would be a dead giveaway.
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I would like to apologize on behalf of all of the sane, non-lazy Americans here.

I cannot stand some of the lazy, ignorant assholes in our country sometimes. My grandma was on a flight to visit Germany when some lady next to her said "I wonder if they even have regular toilets here. I bet we'll be forced to use outhouses. God."

My grandma looked at her and said she was lazy and ignorant and clearly knew nothing. The lady said did not know what to say.

Comment

Heh... while I might have, depending on how tired and jet-lagged I was from traversing 6 time zones by air, sat down at the table instead of going to the bar (doubtful, though, I've done my time in the grease mines, so I know what a line/queue looks like even in my sleep), I certainly wouldn't have gotten bitchy when I was corrected. In fact, I'd have been downright embarrassed.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I have to wonder if they got carded, because they certainly don't act old enough to be in a bar/pub.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        I can understand not realizing how things worked (we all know SCs and signs) but when informed of the procedure, why not just say "Oh, OK" and get off your ass and order something? And if I read right, the only part they have to do themselves is the going to the bar and ordering, then they can go sit down and the food gets brought to the table...so what's the big deal? Aside from the actual ordering, that is table service...
                        I get the same thing with my customers that sit down and start snapping their fingers or whistling. Usually what they do when I tell them where they can order, (under the big red arrow what says ORDER HERE in red neon tubes,) they yell, "WELL THAT'S STUPID!" and storm out.
                        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
                          I would like to apologize on behalf of all of the sane, non-lazy Americans here.

I cannot stand some of the lazy, ignorant assholes in our country sometimes. My grandma was on a flight to visit Germany when some lady next to her said "I wonder if they even have regular toilets here. I bet we'll be forced to use outhouses. God."

My grandma looked at her and said she was lazy and ignorant and clearly knew nothing. The lady said did not know what to say.
                          no no no, not outhouses, chamberpots! Guarde loo! (sp?)

Comment

*shakes head*

I've never been out of the states except to go to Canada, and since that was only Victoria and Vancouver (2 separate trips), I don't think that really even counts.

Even so, I've been to plenty of places here in California that have you order at the counter and then the food gets brought out. It just doesn't seem like that much of an alien concept.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
                              I used to use an outhouse when I was kid visiting my grandmother. I loved waking my mom up in the middle of the night so she could dig out a flashlight and take me to the potty. Then teach me to squat so my tush didn't get bitten by a spider or snakes.

Good times.
                              A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

I would like to apologize for those of my nation who are too stupid to live. If those girls were as young as I believe they are, they have probably never eaten in a true sit-down restaurant in their lives, but have lived in McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc., where you go to the counter, order your food, then carry it to a table or booth. If there is an employee on your side of the conter, they are sweeping, mopping, changing trash bags, and the like, and are not going to get you a refill on your root beer. I would love to see the 'Ugly American' become a thing of the past. God save the Queen.

Comment

Working...
                                X