This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staring and Bikinis

I'd had three glorious weeks without post-worthy SCs...and then today happened. As a reminder, I work in a candy store that thrives off of letting people choose from bins and fill their own bags and we just weigh it out for them. That done, on with the stories.

I Will STARE You Into Submission! As If.

I'm sku-ing/tagging some new candies we'd just gotten in today with my co-worker. She was ringing up some customers so the two pre-teen/teenagers who came in walked up to my register carrying their skateboards. And stared at me.

Me: Obviously
    CW: Co-worker
    S1: Stoner 1
    S2: Stoner 2
    OC: Other customers

Me: *after about ten seconds of being stared at* Hello, how can I help you today?
    S1: I just ate a double cheesburger at McDonald's in slow motion.
    Me: *blink, WTF?* That's nice, how can I help you?
    S2: Yeah, and I ate mine in four bites!
    Me: Congratulations. What can I do for you?
    *they stare. And STARE.*
    Me: *staring right back with a bland expression--I'm not going to ask again nor will I lose this staring contest--only cats have outstared me*
    *thirty seconds pass*
    S1: *he breaks eye contact first* So, like, can we get some free candy?
    Me: Nope! *cheerfully*
    S1: *blinks at me in surprise* Why not?
    Me: We don't give out free samples.
    S2: Well that sucks.
    Me: Since I can't help you, have a nice day! *stare at them until they leave*
    CW: What. The heck??
    OC: Did they expect you to cave if they stared at you long enough?
    Me: Aw man, I disappointed them, didn't I? *false sadness*
    OC: *laugh and leave, debating on the drug those guys had been on*

Oh Please Get Some Manners...And A Shirt Wouldn't Be Amiss.

A group of four teenagers come in, two boys with shaved heads, and two girls, one of whom is only wearing a string bikini topo and both have that fake blond highlights in their hair that are supposed to blend but clash instead. They all walk over to my blindspot and start eating candy.

Me: Obviously
    CW: Co-worker
    BB: Bikini brat
    MD: Male Drooler of the First order
    M: Manager/owner of the store

Me: Please don't eat the candy 'til you pay for it! *at the guy I'd just caught mostly, who was a mere two inches from BB, but to the whole gang*
    MD: *nods and looks put out at one, being caught (as if they weren't obvious about it), and two, getting bawled out in front of the whole busy store*
    *five seconds later, BB keeps picking candy from the bins and eating it*
    Me: Excuse me, I said not to eat the candy 'til you pay for it! *getting irritated now*
    BB: *takes the candy in her hand and pops in her mouth and gives me the challenging look, as if to say "What you gonna do about it?"*
    Me: Fine, I'm calling security. *I go into the back and bring out my manager and come back out with him, holding the phone and looking like I'm about to dial*
    BB: *es me out to him, saying that I had never told her anything and just yelled at her*
    M: *points to the sign and then makes her put the candy in her hands in the bag the second MD had been making and then stands just a bit off to the side, obviously watching them and making sure they knew it*
    BB: *sulks and walks nearer to me and talks to her other bleached friend* I wish they had nice people working here. It'd be so much cooler in here. *raising her voice so I could hear her*
    Me: I wish we had nice people shopping here. It'd be so much cooler... *thinking to myself, pretending I couldn't hear a word*
    *eventually they get rung up by my CW (who added to the price without them noticing to cover the candy they'd eaten...What I'd do without that code, I'll never know)*
    CW: *barely civil, she's just as mad at them as I* Nine dollars and forty six cents.
    BB: See, she's nice, I like her!
    MD: *standing behind his girl and staring CW down, making faces and rapping stupid lyrics that sounded vaguely like threats and then flips her off, walking out with their candy*
    CW: *blinks in shock and starts to ring up the girl behind those morons when the sound of flying change clanging to the floor is heard. They had thrown their change back into the store, nearly hitting a two year old*
    Me: *say a few cuss words and pick up the change; hey, free money*

Conclusion: They have all been banned permanently.

Wow. Just...wow.

It's candy effers. Isn't candy supposed to make you happy? I makes me happy....
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

ROLFMAO I love the way you handeled the kids. I would have put up a sign that says no grazing allowed.
      I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

What was wrong with that girl? Attitude much?
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth adarhysenthe View Post
          I wish we had nice people shopping here. It'd be so much cooler... *thinking to myself, pretending I couldn't hear a word*
          I probably would have said it outright. I quit being nice to them once they show their ass like that.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
            I would have put up a sign that says no grazing allowed.
            There probably is, SCs tend to suddenly become blind if they don't say SALE on them.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

BB: *sulks and walks nearer to me and talks to her other bleached friend* I wish they had nice people working here. It'd be so much cooler in here.
              Yeah, because just walking to somewhere and helping yourself to whatever confections your heart desires without paying for it is, like, so totally cool. How dare someone insinuate that you be required to pay for something. Can't they see how cool you are by how totally cool your terrible highlights are? Omigawd, that so totally sucks!
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I would have called them out on their immaturity. What are you, like 8?

I was in taco bell when some teeny boppers in bikinis walked in with a group of boys. The girls weren't wearing shoes and the manager told them no shoes, no service. So, they went outside and came back in with one flip flop between them. They were hopping around like crazy.

If I was working there, I would have told them that only two pairs of shoes would suffice. So, get out...brats.
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                  If I was working there, I would have told them that only two pairs of shoes would suffice. So, get out...brats.
                  I would have told them "That is A shoe, I said shoeS...now get out!"
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                    Yeah, because just walking to somewhere and helping yourself to whatever confections your heart desires without paying for it is, like, so totally cool. How dare someone insinuate that you be required to pay for something. Can't they see how cool you are by how totally cool your terrible highlights are? Omigawd, that so totally sucks!
                    The scary thing is that you're pretty good at that, Kara.
                    "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                    -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Quoth Aressel View Post
                      The scary thing is that you're pretty good at that, Kara.
                      All through high school, I somehow managed to have at least half the varsity cheerleading squad in every class. While they were usually fun to look at (though I gave them little more than fleeting glances, since most of them were stuck-up princesses. I have standards, and it takes more than looks to interest this gal), they were lacking in certain mental qualities.

At one time I wanted to be a cheerleader but the cost was too much. You had to give up your brain to do it (yes, I know this is a stereotype and I'm sure there are plenty of smart cheerleaders and ex-cheerleaders out there, but every single one of them in my high school was the apotheosis of bimbo).
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I Will STARE You Into Submission!
                        They probably do this to there parents all the time, and there parents probably usually cave after a couple of minute and out of pure annoyance tell them yes. I'm glad you didn't cave.
                        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                          At one time I wanted to be a cheerleader but the cost was too much. You had to give up your brain to do it (yes, I know this is a stereotype and I'm sure there are plenty of smart cheerleaders and ex-cheerleaders out there, but every single one of them in my high school was the apotheosis of bimbo).
                          I'm thoroughly impressed with smart women... and we had a cheerleader in my high school who was smart enough to go out with me.

And she was smart enough to not go out with me a second time.

That was exciting, and it took me a long time to get over her.
                          I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

BB: *sulks and walks nearer to me and talks to her other bleached friend* I wish they had nice people working here. It'd be so much cooler in here. *raising her voice so I could hear her*
                            There *is* nice people working there. They just don't tolerate idiots.

Plus, how can you even expect people to be nice to you after you stole from them. . .? It's people like them that make owners put everything behind glass cases, making it a pain in the ass for everyone.
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

That girl is probably a spoiled little brat who thinks she's entitled to whatever she wants. Her parents probably get her whatever she asks for, whenever she asks for it and if things don't go her way, she gets an attitude.
                              For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
                              -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Working...
                              X