This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
    At one time I wanted to be a cheerleader but the cost was too much. You had to give up your brain to do it (yes, I know this is a stereotype and I'm sure there are plenty of smart cheerleaders and ex-cheerleaders out there, but every single one of them in my high school was the apotheosis of bimbo).
    My middle sister was a cheerleader in high school. Of course, she was one of those cheerleaders who does the lifts and stuff, so she was big compared to the rest (6" tall, broad and muscle-bound), thanks to bench-pressing freshmen. Smart to boot (if I do say so myself).
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Guess what? The story gets better.

Yesterday after all that had happened, I went up to the comic store on my break and warned the worker there (friend of mine).

Apparently, an hour after I told them about the bikini group (he'd already seen the starers but they hadn't bothered him) entered the store. This particular comic store happens to have a section where they sell coins to collectors, all of which are locked in glass cases. Well, apparantly the taller guy who'd flipped off my coworker leaned over the case and tried to force it open from the back, making loud ka-kunk noises. They are locked cases for goodness sake. They were asked to leave and never return.

Comment

Wow. Some people are just plain dumb. As if leaning over the counter wouldn't be painfully obvious (though they already demonstrated their "talent" for stealth in the candy store).
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          There probably is, SCs tend to suddenly become blind if they don't say SALE on them.
          How about this:

Candy is for

SALE

only. No Free Samples!
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            How about this:

Candy is for

SALE

only. No Free Samples!
            You know they'll want a discount.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth adarhysenthe View Post
              only cats have outstared me
              I can outstare anyone and anything, except my Mommy and pictures.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becky, what about fish?

On a related note, my friend decided to have a staring contest with the TV once. About 20 seconds later there was a power-outage and he declared victory...
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  On a related note, my friend decided to have a staring contest with the TV once. About 20 seconds later there was a power-outage and he declared victory...
                  Wow. That's gotta be some stare.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Becky, what about fish?
                    Becky doesn't like fish. They creep her out.

I tried that, but was subsequently disqualified because they think that I caused the outage by ESP.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When will their mommies call and whine that "You kicked my babeeeee out of the stoooorreeee!" Our local merchants have signs banning anyone under 15 from the store without a parent or guardian.

Comment

Working...
                      X