This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so much sucky, but stupid

This is a conversation I overheard yesterday. The customer had recently purchased a "smart phone" (why do stupid people buy these?) and couldn't figure out the "backing up" concept of it.

SC (obviously)
    CW: The poor coworker who had to put up with this person

SC: I plugged the cable into my Treo and I can't seem to get it to back everything up.
    CW: You need to use the software that came with it to back it up.
    SC: Oh, is that what that disc was for? I saw it, but I didn't see anywhere to put it in.
    CW: All computers today come with a CD-ROM drive (I'm glad he didn't get into DVD-ROM etc.. for reasons that will be obvious soon). Just put the disc in the drive and follow the directions.
    SC: I need a computer? No one told me that! I can't afford a computer! That's what I got this?

Note: The customer was just plugging the datacable into the phone and leaving the other end unplugged thinking that is how you backed it up.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Well, if Captain Clueless doesn't require backups, then he doesn't need a computer.

But if I had the money to waste on one of those, I'd want to back my data up.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Note: The customer was just plugging the datacable into the phone and leaving the other end unplugged thinking that is how you backed it up.
      Oh for the love of......

Reminds me of the story (I don't know where I hear it) about the moron who tried to send a fax by holding a piece of paper in front of the fax machine and hitting the "send" key.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        The customer had recently purchased a "smart phone" (why do stupid people buy these?)
        Erm.............because that's the only association to anything "smart" that they will ever have?

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what to say about that one.. except oh wow

Comment

Paging Mr. Darwin, your theory is calling.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
            X