This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Equipment Failure

EVERYTHING has gone to hell around the office here over the past week. Let's name off a few:

All except the last one hit me at once last Friday:

Bye-bye WiFi

Our WiFi provider had gone out of business overnight. Which means bye-bye WiFi until we can scramble a new provider. The SCs are sure loving to give me hell over this.

No Internet on the back office computer, either

Over the weekend, our Internet for our office (not the same provider as the WiFi) went away. Which means no email either, of course. Which makes Boss Man's Boss unhappy when we don't send him the reports he requested, because we could neither receive the request nor respond due to a serious lack of email.

No credit card readers

Possibly related to the lack of Internet in the back office, our credit card readers weren't talking to the banks. Which meant phoning in every...single...credit card!

No registration cards

A problem that still hasn't been resolved, our printer for our registration cards isn't working. We have to handwrite all of our registration cards. Joy of joys. No one can figure out why the printer isn't working. We've tested the cable, the printer, and the computer, and everything checks out, but it's still not working. Still waiting for top level techs to call us back on that one.

Computers are SLOWWWW

Computers have been incredibly laggy. Like, takes 45 minutes to load Windows laggy. If we were given the proper permissions to run defrags and such, I'm sure that maybe it wouldn't have gotten so bad, but alas, we're not allowed to run any sorts of maintenance on our systems, and have to wait for techs to do it for us.

Ice machine is frozen solid

Today we discovered that our ice machine is full of ice. Not little ice cubes. I'm talking, you look up in there and the entire inside of the machine is ONE big block of ice! We've turned on the heat in our vending area in a desperate attempt to melt this goliath thing.

But it could be so much worse...

Our corporate HQ is moving to a new building, and they unplugged something that shouldn't have been unplugged. Whereas we simply lost some connectivity with our corporate reservations center, other properties lost their entire front office software. That means they have manual check-ins, manual receipts, manual audit reports (shudders!), manual everything. So yeah, things could be worse!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X