This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRASH! *Swear words*

So, I just had Coremark (America's #1 retail delvery people) leave, and Coke-Cola comes. Nice driver, haven't seen him in a few years, and we talked about the old days of me back at my first store. He drops off his load, we check in, he puts it away/stocks, I sign the invoice. We talk some more as we'll likely not see other again for a few years as he was called in for that route. We wish each other merry christmas. I'm starting to check in the frieght, when I hear loud CRASH, followed by shattering glass and a very loud swear word I won't repeat.

I hobble outside, and see the guy pretty mad at himself. He hates this route, and the last few stops were bad. But now he has to go in for a piss test, as I see the now very broken window of my store. (It didn't completly break, but left a huge circle chunk on one window). I of course laugh at him, and the whole thing, where as he just gives me the finger, but ya can tell he is a little more relived that I didn't come out screaming. I grab his handtruck and helped put on his truck.

I guess what happened, and this is his version as I didn't see it. He had his handtruck near the exit of the trailer. He was putting the empty crates away, when he spied that the handtruck was moving. He turned and he saw it all in slow motion, it kept rolling and he grabbed for it only to see it fall out of his trailer and slammed into our window, causing it to get a large hole and shards of glass nearly sticking out like a rare flower. He called his boss. I attempted to call my boss. He called another person, i wrote out a report. Showed boss when he got there, he told area manager who wanted to talk to me, and even asked if the driver asked me not to tell anyone. I told her no, and if he did then I would laugh and knew he be lying then. I also told her I knew him since I was at my first store, and she seemed fine by that. So after that, I don't know. The delevery guy said Coke insurince will pay for it.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Wait wait.....the Coke delivery guy has a (relatively) minor accident - something that could happen to anyone - and he has to take a piss test because of it? Or am I totally misunderstanding this?
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      Wait wait.....the Coke delivery guy has a (relatively) minor accident - something that could happen to anyone - and he has to take a piss test because of it? Or am I totally misunderstanding this?
      My best guess is because the window has to be replace, and the insurence company wants to know if it was really an accident, or if the coke guy was on drugs, in which case Coke-cola would pay for it, and not the insurence company.

Corporations are so confusing at times.
      Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Where are the pictures?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yes, many companies these days have a policy of an IMMEDIATE drug test after any accident, no matter how minor.

Valet attendants at my company have it drilled into them from day one of training. If they cause so much as a half inch scratch on a car they park, do not pass go. Security will load them in a van and take them directly to the clinic. For the rest of us, it was mentioned at least three times that I can remember during orientation, as well as when we were doing our pre-hiring paperwork (after which we were timed on our drive to the clinic for a hair test going back 90 days).

I'd guess Plaidman's guess is correct, in that the insurance will be less likely to pay the claim if the person involved in the accident is found to be under the influence of drugs. I'd go a step further as well and say that its possible that Coca Cola might either go after the individual for what they paid out or pass the buck directly to the individual as well.

As long as the driver is clean, it all amounts to a minor inconvenience for him and a slightly bigger inconvenience but still not too bad for Plaidman's store and Coke's insurance. Shit happens, after all.
          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
          My MySpace
          My LiveJournal

Comment

Got our new window in already. Man they moved fast. It happened during swing shift, so at least like, 14 hours later after it happened or so. The coke guy was cool, I haven't seen him in a loooooong time, but I doubt he was on drugs or alchole.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Where are the pictures?
            If anyone can tell me how to send pics from my cell to my email, or wouldn't mind me sending the pic to there phone, I'd gladdy post the pic.
            Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              If anyone can tell me how to send pics from my cell to my email, or wouldn't mind me sending the pic to there phone
              send it like a pic message only instead of a cell number in the "to" field-put your email addy-or send it to my phone, number is in your PMs I have free incoming texts/calls
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

and pic of the injured window in question sent by plaidman to my phone :

it kind of looks like a sad face...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 12-20-2009, 03:39 PM.
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

yay! Thank you so much for getting it on.
                  Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    yay! Thank you so much for getting it on.
                    ya know the wording of that will probably be used against you by someone

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post

Bow-chicka-bow-owwwww
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Bang a gong?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've got that Marvin Gaye song, Lets Get It On stuck in my head now.
                          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Um. It was my ...evil... twin... poster, Plaqueman.... that said that.

I admit nothing!
                            Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
                              Yes, many companies these days have a policy of an IMMEDIATE drug test after any accident, no matter how minor.
                              CDL drivers have 8 hours to get in to be alcohol tested, and 32 hours to be drug tested. This is a FEDERAL mandate. http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety-secu...ting-guide.htm

I'm guessing that this law is what the Cola guy was thinking about, even though he was not obligated in the specifics of that particular law.

When DH had his CDL, he knew all those laws inside and out.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X