This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *crash* Argggh = time off work

On Tuesday I was finishing up my day cleaning the salad bar turned to throw the cloth I was using into the bucket when my knee gave way cue Arrrrgh *splat* as I hit the deck in agony. L my co-worker rang for a first aider who got me on a chair and basically checked if I could get a lift home and that was about it.

My Mum picked me up and took me straight to A&E who said that time "You'll be fine, take these and try to go about as normal and rest it." Well the next day I end up going back to A&E because I can't put any weight on it at all and this time I end up with a splint and crutches plus an appointment for the fracture clinic. They reckon I may have torn my cartilage.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Your first aider is an ass. I hope it feels better soon.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

oh noes! knee injury's are the pits...so...surgery?
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Ironically enough I had been at the hospital about 7 hours before my knee went to discuss future surgery on that knee.
        (from card I got)

Comment

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I twisted just right and my knee went POP! That was on July 4th...7 weeks later I had to have knee surgery because I had torn the meniscus (cartilage). It was so bad that they removed 60% of it during surgery. I was off work for 3 months.

The surgery was a piece of cake...recovery, however, was/is very slow. After my work week I can barely stand to put weight on the knee. The surgeon says it will never be 'as good as it once was' but I am old and didn't really expect that anyway.

Good luck to you!
          Last edited by Retail Associate; 12-09-2009, 12:33 AM.
          Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

Update

Saw the doctor yesterday and they decided though my knee shows signs of the episodes it's best that I wait for the surgery that is planned is the best thing and It'll let the let the swelling go down. The surgery should be within the next month and a half . In the meantime I've been fast tracked for phisyo on the knee to help me get moving and back to work. While I wait I'm to gently get it moving as best I can, I'm down to one crutch round the house and two outside (snow! ) but I'm trying to do small steps without it.

Off until the just after the New Year so far but I'll see how I'm moving by then.
            (from card I got)

Comment

Gah. My right leg just hurts all the time now. I'm on percocet for it, and it helps. Doctors told me its my hip, and used a radio with wires to explain why it hurts my leg and back. I don't care. Get it cured. I'm sick oif this pain so damn much now.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I just finished doing PT for hurting a disc in my neck...then about two days ago, my mother RAN ME DOWN with her scooter that she uses to get around the neighborhood. (she's had 2 knee surgeries and has back problems, among a few other problems)

She ran me down on purpose, at least I think so....she was yelling at me at the time.

Now my neck is killing me, and I'm not looking forward to telling the PT people how I re-injured myself/aggravated the original injury.

Comment

CSers have not had the best of luck lately! to everyone who's sustained an injury this season.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                  X