X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve and still stuck at the office

ARGH!!

We were told we would get a half day today, it being Christmas Eve and all. Honestly, I don't know why we're required to come in at all, it's not like anything's really getting done.

So we were supposed to get off at noon. It's now 12:20. CEO is throwing a shitfit because the brand managers (i.e., outside consultants whom she trusts to tell us about our company, more than she trusts the people who have worked here for years) decided that they didn't like the materials that Art Girl designed. Mind you, she designed a whole new membership material package in a matter of DAYS, to meet their ridiculous deadline.

Yeah.

We are NOT happy here.
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    ARGH!!

So we were supposed to get off at noon. It's now 12:20. CEO is throwing a shitfit because the brand managers (i.e., outside consultants whom she trusts to tell us about our company, more than she trusts the people who have worked here for years) decided that they didn't like the materials that Art Girl designed. Mind you, she designed a whole new membership material package in a matter of DAYS, to meet their ridiculous deadline.

Yeah.

We are NOT happy here.
    So...what does this mean? The materials have to be re-done on frickin' Christmas Eve, of all days?

There's a reason I say "consult" is a mix of "con" and "insult."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ok...trying to breathe....

First off, the half-day has unofficially turned in a FULL FRAKKING DAY.

Secondly, both CEO and my supervisor are driving up the wall!

1. CEO

Aside from laughing on the phone to her friends and wishing them happy trips for the holidays, in a voice that carries over the entire office of people who'd expected to be at home with their families by now...

She also came in waving a picture: it was one that Art Girl had created as a sort of e-card that we could send to our members to wish them happy holidays. We didn't end up using it, but now CEO has decided that it's an amazing image!

CEO: *bursts into office, waving photo* Hey, when is our next email??

Me: Friday. *thinking:* just like every damn week, you twat.

CEO: Can we use this in the email?

Me: *confused* Well, it's not really the same sort of thing...how were you thinking of using it?

CEO: Can we use this in the email?

Me: *blink* Well...

CEO: I mean, can we attach it?

Me: To a 100,000 person list? We never send attachments--

CEO: Yes we do!

Me: Um....no, no we don't. That's a quick way to get blacklisted by spam blockers--

CEO: But we send pictures every week!!

Me: Well, sure, but not as attachments--

CEO: We send pictures every week!

Me: *blink* Yes, but not as attachments.

CEO: Can we send this attached to the weekly email?

Me: *headdesk* I don't know the technical aspect of it, go ask Computer Girl if she can do it.

CEO: *goes over to Art Girl* Hey, I love this image you guys created! Can we put it in the weekly email?

Me and Art Girl: *headdesk*

2. Supervisor

Now, normally I get along ok with Supervisor. Not as well as with Awesome Boss, but ok.

However, Supervisor has one major problem. She doesn't READ what I send her, just sees a few key words and creates her own interpretation.

So this morning on my desk, I find two large printouts of our member materials on my desk, with edits that need to happen. Now, I had turned these things in WEEKS ago. They are returned to me now, with edits that are due on 12/31. Yes, that's right: massive rewrites, over a holiday weekend, due 7 days from today.

F*CK THIS!

However, if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be done. Whatever. I email Supervisor asking for a digital version of the copy, so I can make changes. She emails back, "No, I don’t have it. FOUNDER will provide the Welcome in that form but we made our recommendation on hard copy."

Um...these are computer printouts, what do you mean we don't have it digitally??

At that moment, Supervisor calls me into her office to speak with her, and asks what she can get me that will make my job easier, since at that point i am very obviously angry and frustrated.

I explain, AGAIN, that I really need a digital version of the member materials so that I can edit the frakking thing.

Supervisor: Oh, I have that! Sure, I can send it to you?

Me: *blink*

Supervisor: Those are computer printouts, of course we have digital copy!

Me: *attempting to remain calm* Ok, well, that's the main thing I need!

Supervisor: *cheerily opening the door and showing me out* See, these are the confusions that happen when you just read the email without talking to people!

Me:
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

4 pm.

Still here.

Still pissed.

Getting back at CEO by getting nothing done. (actually, there's not much I could have done today anyway, and no-one else is doing much, either)

Comment

4:30 pm and counting.

Comment

4:51. If 5pm rolls around, we're leaving. They can't make us stay past then. The CEO is just on a power trip right now, and everyone including her knows it.

Screw it.

Comment

My clock says 7:03, and you're still here.

*offers eggnog and booze of your choice.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I know how you feel...

I was stuck at work on Christmas Eve until 6:45pm, answering calls from insane customers about their internet accounts

Comment

I feel for you man so dont take this wrong way, but this reminds me of the scene at the start of Planes, Trains, and automobiles where they all wait for the older boss as he is looking over the ads and not saying anything for ages and then he finally says lets decide after the holidays.

Funny movie...

Comment

Joi, that just sucks! I had to work Christmas Eve, but at least I got out of there around 12:30 or so. Nothing was going on, since most of the companies we did business with either weren't in, or were leaving when the markets closed at 2pm.
                    Couldn't resist some train-chasing, but very little was going on. Well, other than nearly falling on my ass *multiple* times along the NS Conemaugh line near the office. Nothing going on there, so I thought I'd head across town to the old P&LE lines. That was the plan, anyway. Everyone and their mom was out, and after an hour of trying to get around all the closed streets...I went home instead.

Not trying to rub it in--last year, I was there until well after 5pm Bad enough I had nothing to do most of the day, but I didn't get home until well after 6. Damn data backups!
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ya know, mostly the CEO stories just make me laugh and shake my head, but this is the first time I've read a thread about her and actually uttered the 'C word' under my breath.

I'm so sorry, Joi.

I keep wondering when the karma-fairy is gonna pay her a visit. She always seems to act like a raging ass-beast and comes out smelling like a rose.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        I keep wondering when the karma-fairy is gonna pay her a visit. She always seems to act like a raging ass-beast and comes out smelling like a rose.
                        Heh. The instant the job market improves and everyone quits! The look on her face would be PRICELESS.

I was feeling grumpy about New Year's Eve, too, but then remembered--she's out of the country for New Year's!! *throws confetti* We'll still work at least a half day, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do close the office early. And either way, she's half a world away.

Comment

Working...
                        X