Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closet thing I've come to severing a celebrity is one of the local news readers. Didn't even realise who he was until after he walked away, kinda a 'hey, wasn't that...' moment.
    "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

James Marsters came to my counter twice at the toy store, both times with his little boy. I saw them shopping together other times, but always left them alone. One day some dumb girl was like ZOMG SPIIIIIIIKE!!! and bum rushed him... yea, he wasn't too happy, but he still tried to be polite. I wanted to hit her with a wiffle bat though... I mean really, he's visiting his kid, leave them alone already!
      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

There's a snooker player who comes to the cinema fairly regulary. I have no idea who he is. One night several snooker playing staff saw him go into a film and (with pernmission) they rushed home to get their cues and got him to sign them.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

At my store, I've met only Fitness Celebrity (what a very loose interpretation of "celebrity") John Basedow. He loooooooooved the discounted produce.

My brother was luckier when he worked out at a Waldbaums in the Hamptons. He met Mel Brooks.

Comment

The only quasi-celebrity I've met at work was a couple of years ago at the dairy store. The owner is a state politician (though I don't think he has actually been elected to anything) and he came in to my store on a Sunday morning to discuss whatever with contributors/political friends/don't care. When the store manager saw him parking, he told me and the other worker to make sure everything is clean and to look happy.

Besides that I've met Fox News Chicago anchorman Byron Harlan. I got an autograph and a picture from him while was doing a story on my block. He was cool, tall and wore snake-skin boots. I got my sister an autograph too because she was too scared to meet him; he wrote "You don't need to fear me."
            "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I worked for a theater in St. Louis, and saw Kurt Warner twice.

Incredibly polite and curtious both times, one of the nicer customers I have dealt with LOL.

Comment

Let's see:

-Gabrielle Reese (volleyball player)- very polite and very very tall (I'm 6' and was staring almost straight up at her).
                -James Woods- bought a bunch of stuff for his then girlfriend, and always gets nice gifts for his mom, usually over the phone. His brother, who recently passed away, was a regular and incredibly nice, and James buys nice gifts for his brother's family. Very nice bunch of people.
                -Ed Robertson from Barenaked Ladies. Funny guy, let a staff member take a cell phone picture with him, and signed the back of a receipt for our breakroom.
                -Lots of local news/sports/weather people. Almost all of them are stuck up jerks.
                -Lots of New England Patriots players and their wives. Almost all really nice, and the guys are gracious about signing autographs.
                -The girl who played Hillary on Fresh Prince of Bel Aire. Had a lot of product questions, and was very nice.
                -Lisa Loeb bought me and my friends coffee once, but I wasn't at work.

Comment

Quoth pile of monkeys View Post
                  -Lisa Loeb
                  *Droooooooooooool*
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

volunteered at a private school in the area where the Wu Tang Clan and Kool and the Gang's kids go (oh yea, you know "Celeeebrate good times, come on")

wu tang clan is also my friends neighbors

Comment

I ran into Danny Bonaduce while I was canvassing.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Joe Pesci came to the Go Kart place with his family my first time working there. I didn't get to see him, though. He left before I even knew he was there.
                        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

There's this band called We The Kings from my town. They're kinda big I guess. They have music videos and they go on tour, and they graduated from my high school a year or two before me.
                          The main singer Travis has come into my store a few times with his girlfriend. I'm not a major fan of the band, I like a few songs. I usually end up going "Huh...I know who that is." and leave it at that

Comment

I often see the Oilers or other hockey teams being hustled through Customs while it's mostly empty (private plane, and bonus of no gawky customers!) Other than that, not much at work, but I've met many celebs.

George Takei, Mira Furlan, Anneke Wills, Marina Sirtis, Mark Lenard, JG Hertzler, Robert O'Reilly, Vince Armstrong, Casey Biggs... ummm *blush* mostly Star Trek-related celebs and OMG they were ALL soooooo NICE XD I would LOVE to meet them again! AND OMG OMG OMG, for all you Trek geeks!!

GalaxyFest in Vulcan Alberta... Barbara March, Suzie Plakson and Gwynyth Walsh!! I'm TOTALLY stoked!! *squees*
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I happened to work at a very popular computer store that has multiple locations in Atlanta (and most major cities for that matter). We would see tons of famous people, granted I'm odd and either wouldn't recognize them or would and had the ability to just put it completely out of my mind. The ones I can remember are:

Harry Connick jr. and a good portion of his entourage/band
                              Usher (I had no idea who he was until a coworker gushed at me in total fangirl mode)
                              Two writers for SNL
                              Jeff Foxworthy

We also had several people who were producers, members of bands and directors. I can't remember them all but I wound up dealing with most of them as I was knowledgeable and didn't recognize most of them.

Comment

At my last job

A few football players. Cannot tell you who - I honestly, do not remember their names. They were cool
                                Also a MMA figher. He was nice to me

At my Anime store job
                                I had met Vic Mignogna. We were there to sell our products.We were at a Anime convention and he came up wanting to buy a Edward Elric figure. We was holding the last one and it got sold. He was going to come back and buy it later (he was on break). The owner of the store and myself went to him and I told him what had happened. He was nice about it and I got a bro-hug from him. Made all his fans in line jealous. He is one of the nicest people, that you can meet.

When I was at Walmart. We had the local country DJ's doing a fund raiser. I got to be on air
                                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                                X