This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas party fun

Share your stories of what happened at this year's party (if you've had it already) or previous parties.

Mine's tonight (Australian Central Standard Time here folks, so GMT + 9:30) and I swear shall be a night of epic laughs
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Ours is usually well into December. We've had someone streaking through the party with burning toilet paper dangling from his bum before.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      Share your stories of what happened at this year's party (if you've had it already) or previous parties.

what is this Xmas party thingie you speak of??????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Mine was last night, it was great, nice food, good company, boss got pissed and fell down, overall really great night
        I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Last year our xmas party was rescheduled from early december to late january, then cancelled outright. Management never did give a reason why.

I came into work yesterday after my days off, and saw a memo about this years party: there's a dress code, and it's pot luck: management isnt even going to spring for one meal out of the year.

Things like this do not make me jealous of people who have christmas spirit.

UPDATE: Turns out our christmas party won't be at work, instead they've rented out some lounge/meeting center place for the evening..... Then added to the previous memo stating that every employee attending will have to pay $10 towards the cost of renting the space, in addition to bringing their own food & drink.
          Last edited by infinitemonkies; 11-17-2009, 07:20 AM.
          Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Ours is usually well into December. We've had someone streaking through the party with burning toilet paper dangling from his bum before.

Rapscallion
            Ah! A Flaming Australian!

*don't ask*

Comment

We had Christmas parties years ago. A sit-down dinner at a supper club and entertainment provided by a (probably very cheap) magician. Door prizes were given away at the end. I got a pretty nice boom box one year.

One year, the magician was accompanied by a ventriloquist, whose entire act consisted of making one of the managers her dummy. Lame-O-Rama.

Then another year, we had a bowling party at a local bowling alley, and since then there's been no more Christmas parties. Corporate doesn't put up any money for us to have a party any more. We're just lucky to have a bunch of food days at work between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ours went OK. Everyone got rather drunk and kept sucking all the helium out of the balloons. Made for some great pics tho.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We don't have them but my wife's work does.

I can only think of 1 "big" incident, most of them are people getting drunk and dancing provocatively.

The first party we went to so 4 years ago now one of the girls got wasted and got into a huge argument with her boyfriend.

So she then went up to one of the male employees and started hanging on him begging him to take her home and (fill in the blank).

The male employee happened to be the owner's grandson.

The female employee was fired, and next year a memo was released saying that your actions at the party can and will influence your employment, so be on your best behavior.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    what is this Xmas party thingie you speak of??????
                    Xmas is Christmas with Christ left out.

*hears everyone go silent and stare at me in disbelief and crickets chirping*

I'm kidding folks! I'm well aware that X is the ancient Greek symbol for Christ!

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                      UPDATE: Turns out our christmas party won't be at work, instead they've rented out some lounge/meeting center place for the evening..... Then added to the previous memo stating that every employee attending will have to pay $10 towards the cost of renting the space, in addition to bringing their own food & drink.
                      Cripes, is that cheap.

I'd be giving that a pass, to be certain.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Usually we have ours at a hotel or restaurant with a party room but this year it's going to be at the Phoenix Zoo. I haven't been there yet and in December the zoo sets up the Christmas zoo lights so I'm really looking forward to it.
                        And we have raffles for some really good prizes, including days off with pay. And the money they raise from the raffle tickets this year is going to 3 lower income families we've "adopted" for the holidays. We'll be buying them food as well as the christams gifts they ask for for the kids.

Did I mention I LOVE my job?
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

The company I work for holds their "holiday party" in Feb, rather than during the actual holidays but they're fun.

Last years party fell pretty close to My and D's anniversary (1 year dating) so I made an event out of it. I rented a room at the hotel that was hosting the party, and bought a spiffy gift for her, and prepped the room with rose petals. It made for a wonderful night.

The only really memorable dirt from such a party was back when I worked for the rental car company. The party always tended to provide way too much alcohol for those involved.

Anyway, one of the shift mangers got veerrryyy frisky in the hallway with one of the service agents (they guys who cleaned the cars and got them ready for the next rental). She (the manager) was married, and according to all accounts, they put on a pretty good show in his car later on that evening.

Eric the Grey
                          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

When I used to work for a fancy-schmancy grocery store back in the 90's, we had exactly two xmas parties that I recall: One was our first year of being open: a nice, catered dinner event in the ballroom of nice Chinese restaurant. Big screen TV with a football game playing. Next year: 2 trays of deli sandwiches, in the meat department, that customers had neglected to pick up that morning.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._7777120_n.jpg

This just about sums up this year's party. I'm the one on the floor on the right...the girl in the red dress is one of my managers! Every year it's a giant mess and this year was no different..more drama than usual though. There's so many people fighting in the store that there's no 'one party for all' nor is it subsidised- so there's 4 parties- drapery part-timers (pictured above!) drpaery full-timers, managers, and grocery. There's one or 2 that will switch between parties. This one was held in a local nightclub...several fights, a few violent..a bit of coke selling in the toilets, lovely..and a few got thrown out. Brilliant night overall though!

Comment

Working...
                              X