Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make sure to always have my coffee before work, plus maybe a Dr. Pepper when I get there. The rest is up in the air thanks to a wife who demands diversity in her diet. Before I was married a few months ago, it was cereal for breakfast, maybe an egg if I was still hungry, and of course, my coffee. :-D
    Coworker: Distro of choice?
    Me: Gentoo.
    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

RestuarantDude's routine:

I work about 5 minutes from home, and i work in a restaurant.

For a dinner shift: I leave about ten minutes to get to work, which gives me enough time to drive through town if i need to mail something or run some other errand on my way in. I arrive at work a few minutes early (usually), clock in and start my opening work. After the first rush i usually make myself a little snack (which ends up being dinner). Generally a side dish of pasta, or a large salad or something.

For a linch shift: Again, i leave myself about 10 minutes to get across town to work, stopping along the way for a large muffin. Arrive at work around 11ish, do my opening whatnottery then shoot the crap with the kitchen staff for a bit whilst making a cup of tea and munching on my muffin.

Sometimes the chefs make something special for everyone, but, generally, I'm on my own for foodstuffs.

Comment

I should eat before work, but I don't usually. I'm at a desk all day and I don't want to feel bloaty and full. I have coffee and sometimes a muffin when I get to work.

In the summer, when the sun is up early and I'm biking to work, I'll make sure to eat something just so that I have the energy to ride -- usually something with fat and protein, like an egg or a peanut butter sandwich.

Overall I feel drowsy if I eat too much before/at work.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
          Wondering what y'all have to eat or drink before you go to work.

Too damned much, unfortunately.

Rapscallion

Comment

I usually eat Grape Nuts for breakfast. Today was different. I went to IHOP for their multi-grain pancakes. Awesome.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

My first alarm goes off at 6:30, my "OH CRAP!" alarm goes off at 7:15. If I didn't take a shower the night before I get up around 6:45, and crash back into bed after the shower. I usually get up about 7:30.

I get dressed, feed the cats, take my pills with a glass of chocolate milk, pack a canadian bacon, egg and cheese on an english muffin (from walmart.., yummy) and throw some Bluberry Special K in a tupperware container and make the 3 minute drive to work, usually getting stuck in school traffic at the middle school. I make it to work, and run to the cappincino machine for my daily poison. Then the day can commence.
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I wake up about two hours before my shift starts. Shower, dress, feed the cat. I walk to work, listening to my MP3 player. I usually get to work about half an hour before my shift starts. After I log in, read emails, and set up, I'll put the day's Capri Sun juices into the fridge, and nuke a sausage and cheese biscuit while toasting some strudel. Then I make some cappuchino.
                Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I have one of those combo toaster/egg poacher units.

Most morning are a poached egg between two pieces of toasted wheat bread. Along with some Hollandaise sauce from Trader Joe's.

I also have one of those Kureg K-cup makers. So most morning are coffee or chai tea.

Comment

I live only 10 minutes from my work.

I have a Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant & a Jimmy Dean BlueBerry Pancake and Sausage On A Stick.

Yes, my diet sucks.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have a Microwave Egg Muffin Cooker which holds two eggs, piece of canadian bacon. This goes onto a bagel with a piece of cheese and so much better then McD's.

Comment

I live about 15-20 minutes from work (depending on traffic). Since I have shifts at random times sometimes my sleep schedule is a little whack. So sometimes I wake up with barely enough time to eat anything, so I eat something big on break. But usually I grab something from Whataburger on my way there. Thank goodness they're open 24 hours!

Though when I'm doing overnights I usually get to eat "dinner" with the family before I go. But not always.

In other words I have no real routine at all. But I kinda like it that way!

Comment

When I worked at Shop 'N Save out in St. Louis, I usually went to the Chinese place next door. They had really good food.

Now, I usually grill my own lunch at home, you know, the usual: Brats and sometimes burgers. I grill up a bunch of stuff and save it for a weeks worth of lunches. My room mate and I usually go over that night's possible operations(Ellsworth isn't all that large, and everyone shuts up around 9)

When it's snowing, I go into town and eat at Peppers Pub.
                          Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Meh. My usual breakfast is an oatmeal bar and a bottle of coffee drink, which ought to be adequate but isn't; I start getting tummy rumbles as early as 10 AM. I really don't like preparing food, and I'd love to find a quick-but-good solution to my breakfast problem. If I still lived in the city I'm sure I'd be hitting a fast food place every morning, but the nearest one is now 25 miles away. I often do visit a drive-thru on the mornings I'm traveling.

Some days, if I'm in the mood, I have some frozen biscuit sandwiches I can microwave. THOSE hit the spot. I just usually don't like to take the time.

Comment

Wake up at 7:30 am and have a strawberry toaster strudel.

At approx. 11:15 am I have some rice.

Be at work by 1 pm.

I kinda miss having Cheerios for breakfast.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My husband and I set our alarm for 6:30 every morning. Sometimes we get up right away, sometimes we sleep in for 15-30 minutes. He's technically supposed to be at work at 8am, but his managers are really lenient and don't care when he comes in as long as it's before 9. If he comes in late, he just stays a little later in the afternoon to make up the time. Usually the cats get us up sooner rather than later, though. The first thing we do when we get up is feed them. We have one naggy little girl who will NOT leave us alone until her belly is full.

Usually during the week we just have cold cereal and milk for breakfast. I kid you not, we normally have at least 6 and sometimes 8 different kinds of cereal in our apartment at any given moment. We just rotate through them all every day. We also really like those orange danish or cinnamon rolls that come in a tube in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, so I'll usually make one of those about once a week or so. When my husband gets to work, he makes some hot tea for himself. Neither one of us drinks coffee so we don't have a coffee maker. I like it occasionally, but I don't want to get addicted to caffeine (yeah, we don't drink soda, either) so I don't want to get a coffee maker for the apartment. I just get it if we go out to eat for breakfast.

On the weekends, one of us usually makes sometime a little more time consuming. Usually pancakes, french toast, or waffles, although I've also done muffins and hashbrowns or bread pudding before, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X