This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Treat

I'm not sure if I should put this in Praising or Cursing. So I will put it here.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been working Monday nights at the pub, and each shift I have worked, the co-worker who is meant to be helping me in the kitchen has called in sick. This meant that I had to run the kitchen on my own, and the shifts weren't very nice. She has landed herself in a lot of trouble for this, because she has been caught updating her Facebook status at 5am going on about how drunk she is, then mysteriously calling in sick the next day. She seriously thought no one would report her to management, even though she was fucking everyone over.

At the weekend, I looked at Monday's scheduel. Me and her, working the evening shift together again. I wasn't happy about this.

I also need to point out that the UK is going through some extremelly rough weather at the minute. Complete white outs, not to mention the ice. I live in a small coastal town, and it has turned into an ice skating rink. I also live about three miles away from the pub, so I was not looking forward to the journey.

Mid-afternoon, I get a phone call. It is one of the managers.

M: Hi customersruinmylife, I was just letting you know that you don't have to come in tonight.
    Me: Oh? How come?
    M: Well, we haven't had much business today, plus, with the bad weather and everything, I don't think it's right to make you travel with all the snow and ice.
    Me: Oh, OK, sure...
    M: Besides, it will teach HER a lesson for leaving you in the shit two weeks running. She's on her own in there tonight. Let's see how she likes it!

So not only have I gotten my revenge on a co-worker, I got to stay in the warmth of my home. And the best of it is, is that now I am part-time, I am not working again until after Christmas!
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM.

epic pwnage for your manager!

Can we clone him?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      epic pwnage for your manager!

Can we clone him?
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we clone him?????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we clone him?????
        To be honest, it was a bit out of character for this particular manager. Normally he is quite lazy and has as many staff on as possible so he has very little to do.

Comment

Mwahahahaha!!!!

I want to know how her night went!!!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Serves her right!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
            X