Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$10 Pizza + Winter + 3 Months + Dear God Help Me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 Pizza + Winter + 3 Months + Dear God Help Me!

PizzaHut is restarting its infamous $10 pizza promotion where you can order ANY size, ANY amount of toppings, and its just $10 bucks! The hours are really good and made for some nice paydays, But the problem is the extremely cheap and the people that don't know about tipping come out. On the 1st Friday night originally I did 24 deliveries and made $14.40 in mileage reimbursement (gas costs was around $25ish that night over 120 miles driven in one day over the course of 10 hours), But only $12 in total tips which averages $0.50 per stop.

Granted I like my job and everything. I just ppl would just tip so I can live/have gas for the next day.

Remember to tip your driver! The big places pay us like S*** and the majority of the delivery charge they keep. Our place charges $1.75 and we get $0.60.

EDIT: Oh and it starts Sunday. Nationwide.
    Last edited by PizzaTheHut; 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM.

Yay! Thanks for the good news; I love your pizza. And the one here doesn't deliver for some reason, so no drivers to be screwed out of tips.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth PizzaTheHut View Post
      PizzaHut is restarting its infamous $10 pizza promotion where you can order ANY size, ANY amount of toppings, and its just $10 bucks!

Remember to tip your driver! The big places pay us like S*** and they keep the majority of the delivery charge. Our place charges $1.75 and we get $0.60.
      emphasis is mine

welcome to my world. I too work for the HUT. though thank the Gods that I get $1 per run but still work for much lower than minimum wage. on average I get "remibursed" at rate of only 20 cents per mile (based on miles driven during a shift and what PH chooses to reimburse me) instead of the IRS suggested rate of 50 cents per mile. and that 20 cents per mile barely covers my gas usage and not my insurance, repairs/maintenance and wear, tear and depreciation on my car, not to mention my rent, phone, utility, food, and other necessary things to live.

Heck 60 cents per delivery was what I was getting 5 years ago

The last couple of cheap promotions we have gone through have lowered my tip average on the order of 15 - 20%. it seems that PH is just trying to go to the lowest commen denominator ie. cheap stuff just to bring in business without considering the effect on its employees.

I am also pondering all of the large boxes of frozen dough I am going to have to Tetris into the freezer for the next 4 weeks or so. even our franchise corp office has advised us to cut back on medium dough throughout this promo.

I am dreading New Years Eve again this year. This used to be a Primo night for tips but the last couple of years have sucked rocks big time
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

They're calling for Rain/Ice/Snow Today. I hope none is the middle.......

Comment

Working...
        X