This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Magazine Cover

Today, I was checking out a couple and the husband mentioned that one of the magazines had something offensive on it that I won't repeat here. I pulled the magazines from the rack, put them face down on the service desk counter where the customers don't line up, and paged a manager. The MOD happened to be the dairy manager who couldn't do much about it since he doesn't have that authority. The couple was grateful that I pulled the magazines and the man mentioned that sometimes he has to explain certain things that his son sees on TV and he didn't want the son to come across that type of magazine cover.

My service desk coworker told me that I shouldn't have pulled the magazines because of the cost even though I didn't throw them out. She had another coworker put the magazines back which they did but not in the original spot.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I think you're going to need to repeat it, otherwise there's no way to know if this was a reasonable request. After all, there's a fairly hard limit on what will be put on a magazine (barring tabloids, though I don't really think of those as magazines).

And really, dear lord, he has to explain things to his son? He actually has to parent the dear thing? Heaven forfend!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

or perhaps at least what magazine and month so we can google it ourselves?

Comment

Seconded with PepperElf.

However, one of the weird ladies that come into our store every so often with her daughter was upset that someone put one of the dirtier magazines right in the magazine rack by my counter. I never even noticed it. In that case I can understand why she was upset, but honestly pitching a bitch fit with "OMG CALL YOUR MANAGER NOW!!!! ELEVENTY RHUBARB!!!111~!" will only result in you being avoided and getting the stink eye from the employees. The magazine was placed back into its proper rack after she left.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

The cover can be found here. The link is NSFW.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQnUTgLssI for a hilarious parody on that particular magazine, though definitely not work safe.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
              The link is NSFW.
              It's fine. The only way that'd be NSFW is if you work in a religious organization.

What, he doesn't want to explain what "sex" is to his kid? Or what a "vagina" is? It's not like the girl is even dressed inappropriately. Which is kind of a surprise. I've seen worse on issues of Cosmo before.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

it's a typical Cosmo cover It's the same type of articles every month I don't see anything remotly offensive here They're at every endstand in every grocery store or pharmacy I've ever been to

Comment

The cover can be found here. The link is NSFW.
                  What's not work-safe about that?

What's offensive about any of that?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Ah, yes, Cosmo.
                    All men scoff at it, but secretly, we read the sex articles. I used to do it on slow nights at work.

What?
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      What's not work-safe about that?

What's offensive about any of that?

The offensive part is in the lower left hand corner of the magazine cover. I put NSFW just to be on the safe side.
                      My Fanfic Page
                      My Fiction Page
                      My Social Group
                      My Pet Social Group
                      My You Tube Channel

Comment

I thought it was something worse than that.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That's not unusual, a SC overreacting at "OMG!!!!eleventy11" having to explain something to his kid.

Comment

The offensive part is in the lower left hand corner of the magazine cover. I put NSFW just to be on the safe side.
                            The part about the healthy Hoo-ha? Well, that's just hygiene there. Everyone should have a healthy hoo-ha. Or bing-bing, if that's the set they've been endowed with.
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Uh, I still fail to see the offensiveness of this cover.
                              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                              X