This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To you. Yes, you reading this.

I’ve not been around these parts much recently. Starting a few years ago, i had to give up work due to increasing ill health. I’ve still enjoyed reading the stories so i was a fairly regular visitor still until a couple of months ago when things took a real nosedive. Suffice to say i’m now on the mend but i’m forever affected - and with everything that’s going on now, i’m permanently included in the “vulnerable population” segment.

Which is why i’m making this post. Thank you everyone working in retail. You appear to be keeping civilisation afloat despite the best efforts of TP hoarders and extreme couponers, and all for minimum wage or near to... Your work is greatly appreciated.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

I'm sorry to hear your health has taken a turn for the worse O_O I hope you are able to recover as much as possible, and just remember that, as always, we're here to lend a friendly ear ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      I’ve not been around these parts much recently. Starting a few years ago, i had to give up work due to increasing ill health. I’ve still enjoyed reading the stories so i was a fairly regular visitor still until a couple of months ago when things took a real nosedive. Suffice to say i’m now on the mend but i’m forever affected - and with everything that’s going on now, i’m permanently included in the “vulnerable population” segment.

Which is why i’m making this post. Thank you everyone working in retail. You appear to be keeping civilisation afloat despite the best efforts of TP hoarders and extreme couponers, and all for minimum wage or near to... Your work is greatly appreciated.
      You've never been unimportant.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Thank you everyone working in retail. You appear to be keeping civilisation afloat despite the best efforts of TP hoarders and extreme couponers, and all for minimum wage or near to... Your work is greatly appreciated.
        Quoted for truth.

RU,
        Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Hang in there and stay in touch.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. As EricKei said, we are always here for you.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X