Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I right to ignore the ‘nurse’ and rely on my own training?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You done good. Nothing that "nurse" did appeared to indicate any actual competence or level of training - suggesting that someone who shows indications of shock and obvious trauma should have a nice hot drink?! You don't put food into people that may need anaesthetic in their near future, even I know that! (Mostly from being said idiot being denied food, but that's another library of stories.) Even if she does now work away from the front lines, those lessons should be part of all basic rotations during training.

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
    apparently being ambidextrous is a sign of being a witch
    There's reasons why being left-handed was historically also known as being sinistrous. The left side is considered your sinister side... I can see that being able to switch seamlessly between left and right handed tasks would be considered witch-like!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Maybe she's the kind of nurse that restores your pluck?

If she didn't know how to set up an IV she's no more a nurse than I am. My mother learned how to do IVs in nursing school, even though I don't know if she ever had to give them when she worked at the home.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        - suggesting that someone who shows indications of shock and obvious trauma should have a nice hot drink?!
        My dad complained that he hated the Brit aid stations, first thing they tended to do was sit someone down and give them a cup of tea ... he lost 2 men who had gut wounds [apparently explosions can pop intestines without making holes in the outside of the body. Who knew] because the sugar in the tea made the infections worse than just the normal gut contents.

I love being married to my hubs, Navy cross trained him as EMS - got me out of the hospital post op because he dealt with my wound care for the first month, and with the current 10 months of chemo and radiation/chemo side effects he has been great. I have had him give me injections, suture up assorted cuts after cleaning and he gives a wicked great massage
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X