This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wake up call scandal

I had a guest request a wake up call for 615am.

She came down the next morning and I check her out. She waits until she is half way across the lobby before turning and hissing at me - We did not get our wake up call this morning but we did get one at 1045pm the night before.

Before I can even open my mouth to apologize she turns back around and walks out.

Upon further investigation I realize that the clock on our phone was way off due to a power outage the week before. Yes, it was our fault. Yes someone should have checked the phones. She would have received compensation for her issue if only she had properly stated her complaint - When she was standing in front of me!!!!!

Tht's bizarre. Most SCs would have stood there and screamed for 20 minutes straight and refused any and all compensation ... or demanded something wildly out of line (free rooms for life, for example).

Now she's going to go complain to everybody even though she COULD have gotten compensation, and with good will, but didn't bother to tell you until she was halfway out the door.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

These types don't want anything fixed. She didn't want you to apologize and make things right, she wanted to tell you that you messed up and walk away the "winner."
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
      X