This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard at the Golden Arches

Customer: What kind of donuts do you have?

Coworker: I'm sorry ma'am, but we don't have any donuts. However, we do have...

Custy: What do you mean you don't have donuts? What <popular donut/coffee place named for a Canadian hockey player> doesn't have donuts?!

CW: This is not <popular donut/coffee place>. That would be at the gas station next door.

Custy: No! I know what drive-thru I went into! You just don't want to do your job...get me your manager!

CW: Look at the log on the wall nearest you - I assure you that we're not a donut place at all.

Custy: You screwed with your drive-thru lanes just to mess with me!

CW: No, ma'am, we certainly did not. In fact we've been here longer than the gas station, and there's an entirely different business between us and the gas station. There is no way for us to make any changes to the drive-thru to direct traffic from their drive-thru to ours.

Custy: But I want a donut! You must go get me a donut.

CW: Ma'am, I do not have to do that. You need to clear the lane unless you are going to order something we do happen to have.

I didn't hear the rest, but my coworker later said that the woman drove away cursing, convinced that somebody did something to the drive-thru.

I wonder if it's the same woman who was convinced that we served Way of the Sub sandwiches and was angry that I wouldn't make her a lobster sub. For one, wrong restaurant, and two, it's not time for the local Way of the Subs to have that local special.

Thinks rather highly of herself, doesn't she? Apparently believes she's just SOOOOO speshul and important that businesses will go to the time and trouble and expense of rearranging their drive-thrus JUST to hassle Her Highness.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

For all the time she wasted complaining, she could have just pulled into the OTHER drivethru, but that'd make too much fuckin' sense...

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        For all the time she wasted complaining, she could have just pulled into the OTHER drivethru, but that'd make too much fuckin' sense...
        Of course! Also, it's not like it was HER fault that eeeeebil aliens messed with the drive-throughs, causing her to go through the wrong one ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

"Okay! Here she comes, time to reroute all the drive-thru lanes!"
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            "And while we're at it, change all the real dollars into funny-money! That'll mess with her good!"

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              I literally just
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At least she didn't threaten to assume her ultimate form.
                Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
                  At least she didn't threaten to assume her ultimate form.
                  Gozer, or the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man?
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    Gozer, or the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man?
                    Maybe. She wasn't clear on that one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yib5hyEY5No

Comment

*pokes a hole in a middle of a bun top and bottom and dunks them quick in the fryer*

Here's your donuts, enjoy!
                      AkaiKitsune
                      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                        *pokes a hole in a middle of a bun top and bottom and dunks them quick in the fryer*

Here's your donuts, enjoy!
                        Actually with the whole "Class and sophistication" angle they're going for, I wouldn't be surprised if they start making donuts.

Two chocolate glazed patties, special sauce, cheese, pickles, lettuce, onions on a Boston Cream bun.

Comment

Actually with the whole "Class and sophistication" angle they're going for, I wouldn't be surprised if they start making donuts.

Two chocolate glazed patties, special sauce, cheese, pickles, lettuce, onions on a Boston Cream bun.
                          Oh, I'm gonna

But it wouldn't surprise me . . .

Comment

That sounds like something a pregnant woman would demand as a craving

****RM silently slinks away *******

Yeah my ExDW did crave a couple of strange things LOL
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

IN her defense, however meekly it must be said, when you're hungry you can do some odd things.

My Dad was this way back when I was a kid and mortified me on more than one occasion when he'd bypass the order board and go directly to the drive-thru window and yell at the poor worker who told him he had to order first, would also claim the lanes weren't marked right, even if big yellow arrows were painted on the ground and a lit up sign present that said "order here first", he had a thing about being bad a directions AND blaming it on missing/incorrect signs. Once they talked him around to the ordering board, he would order something not on the menu, or order "A" and when it came, he'd swear he ordered "B" and when even I was telling him he wasn't right, he ordered "A", he'd be driving off muttering about how the store "only hires idiots".

I can't believe we're related sometimes.

Honestly, I think it was his insecurity showing, as the "smart" guy of the family, he never passed an opportunity to let the poor retail workers have it for being too dumb to be him.....
                              Last edited by Argabarga; 06-10-2018, 01:35 AM.
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X