This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of starting a supernatural-themed RPG

I've been thinking of running a game on here for a while, and if I get enough interest, I think it's going to be a modern supernatural game. The best decription I've got so far is if the World of Darkness Hunters were part of an organization like The SCP Foundation. And yes I'd be taking quite a bit of inspiration from both. Characters would be "awakened" in that they'd see through the glamour of various supernatural races - as in, most of the time, they'll be able to spot a vampire/werewolf/fey/etc on sight. Many will also develop further talents, but nothing to put them on the "superhero" level - a good example of an appropriate power level would be something like the "Jedi hand wave", or being able to go unnoticed (like a personal Somebody Else's Problem field), or enhanced strength/toughness (though I think Captain America-level would be the absolute limit here). Emphasis for character skills would probably be on combat and/or research, and I'd suggest that anyone who has powers beyond seeing through glamour have a lower overall skill level.

Anyway. Anyone interested?
    Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 11-05-2011, 03:52 AM. Reason: Changing title to match the RP
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

You know I am
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'd be up for that since i got voted out of my hunter game here in town
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I think I'm required to be interested :P

But you know I've been wanting to do a paranormal RP for a while.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I haven't played RPGs in quite a few years (my last game was some weird hybrid of Ghostbusters International, CoC and whatever interesting sourcebooks the GM had found that week), but I'm in
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm intrigued.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Alright, I've got a run of five days off in a row (it's been closing shifts, thus the lack of replies from me), so I'm going to write up some info for the game and either post it in a thread or link it. In the meantime, let's get some character info on here. Just basics:
              • Name and Code Name (if wanted - Mr Johnson can be Agent Johnson if he wants - but any code name will be less "007" and more Reservoir Dogs or American Gods - Agent White, Agent Blue, Agent Green, Agent Wood, Agent Town, etc).
              • Place of origin (anywhere from just the country to a specific city).
              • Background (doctor, police, teacher, military, etc) and any specific skills that stand out.
              • Powers beyond seeing the unseen, if wanted. All characters will be able to see the supernatural - that ability is what led FEND (the Foundation for Extra-Normal Defense) to recruit them to begin with.
              • What role the character is expected to play in FEND - research, field agents, or something a bit more specific.

For examples, here are a couple of NPCs I'll probably use (both pulled from a story Kheldarson and I are writing, which the Foundation also comes from - though there the Foundation are major antagonists).

Name: Cassandra <Last name classified> (Agent Cassandra, or just San to friends)
              Place of Origin: London, England
              Background: A number of odd jobs over many years. In addition to having general knowledge on a number of topics, Cassandra is highly skilled with a sword and many firearms, but favors a pistol. She also serves as a counselor for the Foundation, helping ensure that the job's stresses do not overwhelm newer agents.
              Abilities: Cassandra does not age, and has never physically progressed beyond roughly 30 years of age. However, she has been serving with the foundation for ███ years, but prefers remaining a field agent over taking any higher position.
              Role: Field Agent, Medical, Counseling.

Name: Mr. Black (Black has consistently refused an Agent designation or code name. His full name is classified.)
              Place of Origin: Italy, or so he claims.
              Background: Information broker, <classified>, and all-around jerk.
              Abilities: Black is able to mimic others, copying both superhuman abilities and physical skills. His is considered one of the more powerful abilities seen in the foundation, and would be considered an EN-2 were he not working for us.
              Role: Field Agent, Command.
              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 11-03-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Name: Fred Masters..Agent Silver
                Place of Origin: Iowa
                Background: Private investigator.
                Abilities: Perfect memory, Heightened Observational Skills, and he has psychic visions * (see below)
                Role: Investigator (field agent).
                Skills : Basic Hand to Hand Combat, Firearm training (mostly small firearms), Knowledge of Most state and federal laws, Photography and film knowledge, Forensic Photography, Interview Techniques, Stealth and surveillance, Forensics and research/electronic surveillance.

When he first started having the visions he would pass out for hours, now even the most powerful of the visions would just bring him to his knees in pain. The majority of his visions are of the past, but a very rare few have been of the future.
                Last edited by Mytical; 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

First one works fine. Any mundane skills of note?

Comment

I'd say the normal for Private Investigators, whatever that might happen to be. Some minor self defense (Chuck Norris he is not). Might need to pick somebody's brain for what skills would go good with a PI. He'd definitely have small firearms training (Concealed Carry).

Edited the post for some of the skills google says is required for a PI.
                    Last edited by Mytical; 11-03-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Name: Siobhan (no last name) but friends call her Von (phonetic last syllable of her name). Agent Irish.
                      Place of origin: Boston raised but Irish born (moved when an infant).
                      Background: Linguist with a interest in Celtic cultures and martial arts. Fluent in a handful of languages and a master at accents. Knows basics of most martial arts but is proficient only in aikido (doesn't have any specific belt cause she wasn't trained in a typical dojo). Proficient in most small arms as well. Prefers unarmed combat.
                      Powers: strong empath, and telepathy with deep concentration.
                      Position: field agent but does research on abilities like her own when not in the field.
                      Last edited by dragon_wings; 11-05-2011, 04:19 AM.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Name: Loren Carson.
                        Place of Origin: Roanoke, VA
                        Background: Street magician/bursar who makes ends meet anyway she needs to. Proficient in sleight of hand, lock picking, sneaking away, talking her way out of things, and entertaining. (Why, yes, I like playing rogues. Why do you ask?)
                        Powers: That sleight of hand thing? It's real. She can make small objects disappear and reappear at will. Can't be bigger than her hand.
                        Position: Unwilling field agent.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Three so far, and I imagine Sarlon will join in soon. Do we want to do the introductory posts like Mytical did in Section 3?

Comment

Up to you.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'll make a post soon as kabe approves my idea of the character
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                              X