Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no chicken in the chicken noodle soup!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no chicken in the chicken noodle soup!

There's this one guy who comes here all the time to complain about some random product he bought. Yet, if it's a food item he makes sure he eats it all before he returns it and often will buy a new one of it anyway.

Yes I realize he's scamming. But he's just such a grouchy old bastard that we've given up on fighting him.

This time it was "no chicken in the chicken noodle soup" so rather then enable him I had to tell him that yes there was in fact chicken because all our made-in-store products have ingredients that are weighed before adding and that they have to ring it through our tills a special way to get those ingredients so there's no way they could have just 'forgot' to add it. Our soups are also weighed after they're put in the container and its kinda hard to miss the missing weight of a third of a whole cooked chicken. I even showed him the stock transfer that the latest batch was made from since I still had it in my receipt box and it hadn't been processed yet.

So grumpy left without getting a free soup. But not before buying another one.

Strange now that when he sees me working the desk we no longer get complaints from him anymore.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

So

Your soup is so good that even with no chicken in the chicken soup he still has to buy more.

THAT IS GOOD SOUP!

Comment

Sounds like a guy who called me up at Ye Olde Smalltown Newspaper once to tell me we should be running restaurant reviews (yeah, that's right: let's piss off potential advertisers in a SMALL TOWN ...)

Did he have an ulterior motive? Of course.

"I always eat at [local diner] and the food there is always awful! The gravy is lumpy and the mashed potatoes are lumpy and the roast beef is ...." (probably lumpy)

When I could get a word in edgewise, I asked, "Um ... if the food is so awful, why do you keep going back?"

I said it politely. Honest I did.

*crickets*

*hangup*
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Sounds like a guy who called me up at Ye Olde Smalltown Newspaper once to tell me we should be running restaurant reviews (yeah, that's right: let's piss off potential advertisers in a SMALL TOWN ...)
        I lived briefly in Ye Olde Smalltown. The local newspaper did restaurant reviews (pretty much just puff pieces). They ran out of local restaurants to cover, so the intrepid reviewer got the police chief to let him review lunch served at the local jail. Didn't exactly get 5 stars.

Comment

Working...
        X