Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josiah walked into the auction the next day. A few faces looked familiar so he took some quick photos with a digital camera. To cover his tracks, he took other pictures of the estate as well. He found a few items on the auction list he himself wanted, and made modest bids. A bid of $425 actually bagged the "fair-to-poor" condition reproduction M1892 Krag-Jorgenson rifle that was on the block. The rifle would need a great deal of TLC, but he wasn't going home for Christmas this year anyway.

When the greatcoat came on the block at Lot 666, Josiah made the first bid, and the war was on. Finally, Josiah was forced to bid $8,83 million, and finally won the auction. Placing the coat in the purple-goo bag, and claiming his new rifle, Josiah returned to the hotel before heading for the airport.
    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 10-06-2013, 05:59 PM. Reason: Link broke

Comment

Josiah finds a note from Sam saying she was out for the rest of the day and wouldn't be back to the room till past dinner unless they caught a break. She also left a number of a curier they've used several times with good results to send the artifact back to the warehouse.

SAM AND NOAH IN THE MEAN TIME:

Noah gets his research done while Sam looks through files. They are at it most of the rest of the day, calling it quits when they keep drawing up a blank. Sam stands up stretching and what sounds like most of her joints pop all at once as she stretches.

"Man I'm getting way to old for this huddled research thing...I normally have interns to help with this....only thing I can come up with is every single pointed object has been stolen from each victim....including our murder victim. Any luck on your end?"
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"No signs of good luck or sudden fortune. I will check health records next. You know though..that knife thing. Something is tickling the back of my mind. The body..was it male or female?"
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"uh...." Sam flips through some folders that have taken up most of the table now, "Male...late 30s, cau...cua....dammit...hes white!"
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Noah thinks. "Dang, I was thinking it might be Jack the Ripper. Might still be, but less possible now. So, lets assume this .. thing .. is looking for a certain knife. I need to see pictures of the knifes if we have any."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Old things...." She pulls out what appear to be "insurance" photos of "knives"..."GORRAM HUMANS! These are DAGGERS!!!"

4 ornate and obviously old daggers are displayed, each slightly different, but all seem to be missing one key feature from each of the others.

((Last post bed time))

Comment

Noah hits himself on the head. "This all seems so familiar, but this old coconut doesn't seem to want to cooperate" He looks close at the daggers to see if he can see anything.

Comment

Hours pass as they research the daggers, then a tinny buzzing noise comes from Sam's jacket pocket carelessly tossed over the back of a chair her head resting on a stack of file folders being used as a pillow, Noah noticing its almost midnight.

Comment

"Sam? I think you are receiving a call."

Comment

Working...
                    X